College pitching struggles

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2015
I don’t understand how a coach can recruit a pitcher, see her be successful, talk to the tb coach about the player, watch them several times and then try to change things once they get there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I don’t understand how a coach can recruit a pitcher, see her be successful, talk to the tb coach about the player, watch them several times and then try to change things once they get there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the best pitchers at the time in the Houston area went to a Big12 team and they wanted to change her mechanics. Couldn't throw strikes and quit after her 2nd year. Her coach told me that she was the best pitcher that ever played for him. That's very high praise coming from him. Lots of turnover at that college.

A highly touted pitcher out of Cypress, Texas … named District MVP for District 17-6A following her junior season … a three-time First Team All-District 17-6A honoree (2014-16) … racked up 39 wins through four years in the circle for the Mustangs … maintained a 1.53 ERA in three seasons on varsity … struck out 519 batters through 328.2 innings pitched … opponents hit just .171 off her … finished her senior year with 13 wins in 100 innings pitched ... amassed 15 wins in her junior season in 20 appearances with a 1.63 ERA while leading the team to a 17-0 district finish and three playoff wins … Named to the Preseason Greater Houston Area Team entering her senior season ... Vype Magazine Fierce50 (2015).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802