College camp advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
Do parents usually stay and watch? Or do I just drop her off?
My DD went to a camp yesterday and no parents were allowed to stay. Now I found a shady spot on a hill beside the stadium and watched what I could (along with several other parents). However, that was the first time that's ever happened. But, also the first she's been to since covid.

Sep 7, 2018
Something to add to this. Run from drill to drill. No walking! Set a mental goal of being the kid that puts the most balls in the bucket to deliver to the coach. That's an easy way to get face to face with a coach...over and over. Something that a coach mentioned that some kids can do or have trouble doing. Holding a conversation and keeping it going with a coach. After you ask your 2 questions and then dead space...what are you going to do? That's when you laugh and have some questions about random stuff that is non softball related. What's your favorite Gatorade flavor? Did Carol Baskin do it? What was your walk up song when you played?

Every young parent should read these posts from orange socks these are nuggets dropped and should be placed somewhere for all to read!!! Knocked it out of the park!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812