Coach place on admin leave ...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 7, 2018
So, I found out my DDs coach has been placed on Admin leave but I don't know why. I was wondering if as a parent am I entitled at all to know why? I am thinking no, but thought I'd put it out there. And also, from what I know it doesn't involve my daughter but they are investigating allegations.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Aug 7, 2018
Hard to believe your DD doesn’t have an inkling about what is going on..
Well I agree but she doesn't want to talk about it. Its also possible she doesn't know bc the other girls know she is close with the coach. They were just told hes on leave but I agree im sure at least some if the team is aware.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

May 29, 2015
I'm assuming this team is part of an organization. Is the coach paid or considered a volunteer employee? That may limit what an organization can say or do to communicate with parents.

This is a tough situation for parents and the organization. I can speak from experience. Everybody (hopefully) has the children's best interests as priority #1. Parents want to know so they know if they need to be having conversations with their kids. The organization cannot speak out of turn since whatever it is may be unfounded and they don't want to run afoul of the coach's rights.

In the situation I went through, I had board members who I found out were covering up a relationship between a coach and a player. Their defense was that they were trying to protect the kid. From an organizational standpoint I had 200+ other kids to protect as well.

Whatever it is, I would encourage your org to be as open and front-facing as they can. If 15+ years in public relations taught me one thing, it is that the cover up is ALWAYS far worse than the offense.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
From my recollection, OP DD is on a smaller D1 program with a new coach after the last one got fired. Right? And yes, I would be concerned that the coach could be in trouble in their first semester.

Last year my DD's college coach said something that may be considered insensitive(stereo type) to a player that was reported to the Athletic Dept. Some might have considered it a compliment, but in today's reality it was a poor attempt at humor. I am sure the coach had to have that talk and I wouldn't be surprised if "sensitivity training" was required.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
From my recollection, OP DD is on a smaller D1 program with a new coach after the last one got fired. Right? And yes, I would be concerned that the coach could be in trouble in their first semester.

Last year my DD's college coach said something that may be considered insensitive(stereo type) to a player that was reported to the Athletic Dept. Some might have considered it a compliment, but in today's reality it was a poor attempt at humor. I am sure the coach had to have that talk and I wouldn't be surprised if "sensitivity training" was required.
I have to make a concerted effort not to call players "Sweetheart". Its just a habit. It means nothing but in todays age everything can be taken out of content and you have to be careful in what you say. Even how you say it. People are super (over) sensitive, IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse