Clearwater Showcase

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
So, my wife and daughter are supposed to fly to Tampa for the Clearwater Invitational this Thursday. It appears Tropical Storm Nicole might have something to say about that. It's a shame because it's supposed to be a great recruiting weekend. And the people of Florida certainly don't need any more storms after what they went through with Ian.

Good luck to anyone attending. Hopefully, the storm goes out to sea instead.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
At some point, softball may find an adjustment in where and when events are held, will be a smart idea.

There is another Showcase Event that's held in Texas that repeatedly gets rained out. Know several coaches who when they encountered that twice decided to never enter that event again.

In California there have been some annual events that have now encountered 105° + temperature that the organization that hosts the event will be pushing it back 6 to 8 weeks closer to Winter.

Last edited:

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
At some point, softball may find an adjustment in where and when events are held, will be a smart idea.

There is another Showcase Event that's held in Texas that repeatedly gets rained out. Know several coaches who when they encountered that twice decided to never enter that events again.

In California there have been some annual events that have now encountered 105° + temperature that the organization that hosts the event will be pushing it back 6 to 8 weeks closer to Winter.
I will never go to Legacy in Atlanta in July again. A) it's too hot. B) it always rains, causing so many missed games.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
For showcasing purposes...
When we consider that live streaming games reaches the eyes of college coaches recruiting
hold events in a better place...🤷‍♀️

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Games start Friday in clearwater, weather is forecast to be cleared up by then. DD and I will be there, its usually a great (but expensive) weekend.

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Games start Friday in clearwater, weather is forecast to be cleared up by then. DD and I will be there, its usually a great (but expensive) weekend.
Is it more expensive than others? If so what's the reasoning?

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Haha, yes mostly because we have to travel earlier (1 extra night in the hotel) and the airfare is all the way across the country! Non Stop flights too, to cut on travel time and missed school = big airfare bill
Air fare is crazy expensive, specially non stops. Fuel costs are astronomical. How long before we have electric planes?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28