CATCHERS on the ATTACK! ...better than shark week!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
Game-ending play against a very weak HS opponent. Kind of slow, really...but fast enough the job done. Maddie told me that she couldn't see the runner until she was about 1/3 of the way to 2B, but still felt like she had plenty of time. The runner from 3B never had a chance.

Argh, lefties with runners on is so much more difficult for the catchers to pick up, that's when the team really needs to help with a "RUNNER".. You're right, that was a pretty slow developing play, but good on Maddie for executing perfectly and getting the double.. Nice.

I do appreciate the no slide-you're out-twirl at the end!

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Defense Communicating can help big time!

'Better than shark week!' 👍💪🏁

Mar 6, 2016
Game-ending play against a very weak HS opponent. Kind of slow, really...but fast enough the job done. Maddie told me that she couldn't see the runner until she was about 1/3 of the way to 2B, but still felt like she had plenty of time. The runner from 3B never had a chance.

When we were looking at this video together, Maddie talked about her left leg, and how keeping the instep of her against the ground as she drops her knee to get low puts her in a good position to field or block the ball, but also keeps her leg guard facing the runner, keeping her leg more protected. I love to hear her talking about the little details.

Holy cow that team needs to work on their baserunning. Good lord. The ball was almost in Maddies glove before the girl on 1st left the bag. And the runner on 3rd is going the wrong way to bag and Mr. Coach over there tells her to go? You can almost sense her thinking, "Ummm, oh crap...really?" :oops:

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Holy cow that team needs to work on their baserunning. Good lord. The ball was almost in Maddies glove before the girl on 1st left the bag. And the runner on 3rd is going the wrong way to bag and Mr. Coach over there tells her to go? You can almost sense her thinking, "Ummm, oh crap...really?" :oops:

That team needs work on everything. They only had one player that looked like she had much experience playing the game. It was a very lopsided win for Maddie's team.

Sep 13, 2020
I hate Friday night games. The whole team is a pack of zombies stuck in the mud by the end of game. Kudos to left field for making a move to back up 3rd base.

Mar 6, 2016
I hate Friday night games. The whole team is a pack of zombies stuck in the mud by the end of game. Kudos to left field for making a move to back up 3rd base.

UGH... nothing that drives me nuts more as the dad of the catcher than a "late arriving" SS. :mad: HELLLOOOO, did you not hear everyone yell, SHE's GOING? And as a dad of a lefty catcher, always good to see another lefty behind the plate.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
This one is not the best technique wise, I honestly think DD was focused a little too much on the K and got caught snoozing on the base runner at 1B... Anyway, close game, 1 out, full count and runner at 1B. Great team result with K and a CS double play for the third out... Looks like a really close call, but the field ump was right there and he must've like what he saw.

Mar 6, 2016
yeah yeah..I know..awful video quality and poor timing. I was sleepin on the job and wasn't ready to get the pitch and pop. :sleep:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802