Catchers mitt?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 5, 2021
Great choice! Really don’t understand All-Stars reasoning behind the metallic binding, I hate it!

But that’s a fantastic FP mitt, great pattern, and great thumb protection which is really all that matters!
I didn't realize from photos that it was metallic. I'm sure she will have it dirty soon. Thank you all for the suggestion!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2022
We bought our DD a 34" A2000 a year ago. She's still breaking it in. She's been using the 33" Rawlings in most games because she has better control over it than the A2000. Problem is as she is now in 14U the balls are coming in faster and the Rawlings doesn't have the same padding as the A2000. How is the padding in the All Star Pro mitt?

Nov 18, 2015
We bought our DD a 34" A2000 a year ago. She's still breaking it in. She's been using the 33" Rawlings in most games because she has better control over it than the A2000. Problem is as she is now in 14U the balls are coming in faster and the Rawlings doesn't have the same padding as the A2000. How is the padding in the All Star Pro mitt?
No issues from my rising 14U. She's caught up to around 55mph with it. More importantly for me, no thumb issues.

I have always wondered about the concern over padding - are that many players routinely catching it in the palm?

Jul 27, 2019
My kid has been using a left handed 32.5 Vinci Fortus mitt. One year with an 11” ball and now the 12”.

She’s a small person and her hand is small so we’ve made it work and it mostly works well. It was advertised for a little younger than her actual age so we tried it and it fit better than others we tried in the stores. We just can’t get the wrist strap tight enough as we run out of adjustment. She’s got a habit of pushing it into the dirt to slide it back on a bit. lol

What I’d like to find is a glove I can get a custom fit on to last her through high school or into college if she keeps playing. She is wanting a bit more padding too.

As to mitt size, I’m thinking if the 32.5” has not been a limiting factor, keep the weight down and not go much, if any, larger. I think she’s pretty much done growing at 14.

Any suggestions for custom or a mitt than might run small that she can put her hand in in-person or an easy return policy? Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28