Catcher w/torn ACL

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 29, 2023
My daughter tore her ACL, she’s a catcher for a 14u team. She will be side lined this season unfortunately. I’m wondering if the softball community knows of any exercises or throwing exercises she can do from a sitting position. Want her to mentally stay in the game.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Lots of core and grip strength exercises that she can do. From a mental perspective on the bench have her charting pitches, keeping the book, etc., that is invaluable for a good field general.

Good luck with her recovery!

Oct 26, 2019
Lots of core and grip strength exercises that she can do. From a mental perspective on the bench have her charting pitches, keeping the book, etc., that is invaluable for a good field general.

Good luck with her recovery!
Good advice. Sounds like a great time to work on calling pitches - she can sit right next to her coach when he does it. Heck, if it were me I would let her call most of the games.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I think you are asking for issues. There are tons of isolation type drills. But they are supposed to be done in conjunction with other drills and full body throwing. To just work from sitting for a long
Period of time, bad habits might develop that will be harder to overcome then the time off will.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478