Can o' worms

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2021
Most importantly I totally get that we have a long, long road ahead. My 12U DD just started softball and pitching this year. She is getting weekly lessons and putting in time doing a few drills about 3 times a week with a power net. Just curious if there is a general timeframe when I might expect to see a velocity increase?

Nov 18, 2013
Does she have a pitching coach? At 12 she still has plenty of time to develop and catch the other kids. Speed will come rapidly once she has sound mechanics.

Apr 8, 2021
She technically has two, one who is a HS coach and national travel team coach and a second who will be a Freshman pitcher this fall at a local university. The HS coach has relatively limited availability and the freshman pitcher is a bit cheaper for lessons this year. I know we will probably get what we pay for but I feel that the freshman will have adequate instruction for now.

Aug 20, 2017
She technically has two, one who is a HS coach and national travel team coach and a second who will be a Freshman pitcher this fall at a local university. The HS coach has relatively limited availability and the freshman pitcher is a bit cheaper for lessons this year. I know we will probably get what we pay for but I feel that the freshman will have adequate instruction for now.
Can she throw pretty hard over hand?

Apr 8, 2021
She's getting better at throwing hard. We only throw about 30 feet in our yard as that's about all we have. I have mentioned to DW that we need to find a more open space with fewer windows and longer distance to play catch at longer distances.

Apr 30, 2018
Don't do 2 pitching coaches. Pick one and hope it's the best one.

And trust the coach til you have good reason not too. Learn as much as you can here, but don't share that info with your DD as you will prob just confuse her and make her lessons less effective. I know several who paid big money on golf lessons for their kids and then would go out to the course and be like... i read this in Golf Digest, you may want to try it.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812