Camwood bat...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I bought one for DD, She took it to College to practice with. College coach saw it and now the team has several. I bought another for my TB team and other hitters I work with. I liked them well enough to buy 2 of them. What you consider as "worth it" might be considerably different than myself or DD's college coach. What exactly are you asking?

Oct 4, 2018
I don't tend to do "gadgets", but this one intrigues me.

What is its intended purpose? What does it help fix or promote?

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
My Daughter used it over the winter from about 12-18. Used it as an overload under load program off a tee. She swung the 35oz youth camwood rotating to a 19 oz bat and her game 22 oz bat but majority were with the camwood. Per the Zepp(probably not accurate) her hand speed went from 18 mph to 26-28 over time. At 12 she had 180-190’ power and gradually obtained 260-270’ power at 5’4” 135 lbs. Was it all the camwood or just general age and growth? Don’t really know but it gave the appearance of helping hand and bat speed. Probably could obtain the same gains with basic workouts but the camwood seamed to help my daughters growth as a hitter.

Jan 27, 2020
My Daughter used it over the winter from about 12-18. Used it as an overload under load program off a tee. She swung the 35oz youth camwood rotating to a 19 oz bat and her game 22 oz bat but majority were with the camwood. Per the Zepp(probably not accurate) her hand speed went from 18 mph to 26-28 over time. At 12 she had 180-190’ power and gradually obtained 260-270’ power at 5’4” 135 lbs. Was it all the camwood or just general age and growth? Don’t really know but it gave the appearance of helping hand and bat speed. Probably could obtain the same gains with basic workouts but the camwood seamed to help my daughters growth as a hitter.
What did you do with it any particular drills? Or just soft toss hitting off tee? We have one just looking for some drills and ways to use it most efficiently thanks

May 12, 2014
I bought one for DD, She took it to College to practice with. College coach saw it and now the team has several. I bought another for my TB team and other hitters I work with. I liked them well enough to buy 2 of them. What you consider as "worth it" might be considerably different than myself or DD's college coach. What exactly are you asking?

Appreciate the feedback. I wasn’t sure what it’s purpose is.

Dec 24, 2012
Chicago, IL
What did you do with it any particular drills? Or just soft toss hitting off tee? We have one just looking for some drills and ways to use it most efficiently thanks
She would do a bucket with camwood then half a bucket with light bat and maybe 10 with game bat. This was strictly off a tee into a bow net. Generally would do 2 full buckets with heavy and one split with lighter bats

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45