Camps

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2020
Was curious if anyone had done a catching camp with The Catching Guy - Todd Coburn and The Catching Camp with Jay Weaver . Was looking at both to send my daughter and trying to decide on which would be better option any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I can only speak on Weaver's Camp. Did the road show in HTX 10 years ago. Both myself and DD learned a lot and it altered her catching skill's trajectory. It went to the moon! Then of course, DD has to keep working on what she learned with the help of her hitting/catching coach and myself. If she was doing something wrong or not quite right I could help her make adjustments. DD didn't integrate every skill she learned but used what worked for her. I bet if you use the search function in the top right corner of this page, I am almost certain there will be several posts on the Weaver camp. Not so sure about Coburn's.

Feb 7, 2014
Yes, I can only speak to Jay Weaver's camps as well... my DD has attended several over the years and information he's able to pass along to players is worth the time and money invested.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I can only speak on Weaver's Camp. Did the road show in HTX 10 years ago. Both myself and DD learned a lot and it altered her catching skill's trajectory. It went to the moon! Then of course, DD has to keep working on what she learned with the help of her hitting/catching coach and myself. If she was doing something wrong or not quite right I could help her make adjustments. DD didn't integrate every skill she learned but used what worked for her. I bet if you use the search function in the top right corner of this page, I am almost certain there will be several posts on the Weaver camp. Not so sure about Coburn's.
No need, just look below at the new "Similar threads" option.

Nov 18, 2015
Did Weaver's camp last year - only "downside" was that she was with the younger group, and they didn't address 1KD stances. Not a complaint - it makes sense to focus on traditional stance with younger age groups. My daughter was one of three girls, and they had softballs to use each time they rotated through a station. All technique was the same b/w baseball and softball. The other bonus, as I think your daughter would be in the older group - is that the older sessions don't start until the afternoon (vs. 8AM - that was rough...).

It's well worth it. Jay and all the instructors are more than willing to discuss the how's and why's of everything they teach. I was a little bewildered by the other parents that were there - a few asked questions afterwards, but I seemed to be the only one taking notes. Maybe it's just me - but if I'm paying good money for good instruction, why wouldn't you capture the key ideas and teaching points to refer back to later on?

Jan 27, 2020
Yes I’ve seen about weaver’s camp on here . But never about Coburns . Was hoping someone had done both and had a comparison of them. Coburn seems to have a much larger following on Facebook but that don’t mean much I suppose lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802