Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2017
and event though we want hands last they seem to be lagging too far behind.

Just my opinion, before doing anything as far changes or worrying about the front hip opening, or higher leg kick, which really isn't that much of a difference between the two swings. I would spend more time, working on timing and getting to her spot in time. Just my opinion. then if things don't improve by that alone, then start looking into those other things.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Soft toss tonight. Trying to stay more connected. Seems like the hands work down at contact then pull up.

I think she should learn how to clear space w the lead arm now. Just do front arms choked up off a tee inside and outside kinda deepish. Front foot. Ask for line drives to ss and 2basemen. No fly balls.

Nov 26, 2020
This is tonight trying to stay connected and clear some space. I see that she is arm barring pretty bad and the hands need to work up more.

Nov 26, 2020
Cameron played 7 games this weekend and her team finished in 2nd place. She batted 2nd each game and finished the weekend 12-17 with 9 runs, 4 Rbis, 1BB, and 0SO. She did hit into a 4-6-3 double play. First time I've seen it turned. Swing still needs work but no matter the speed of the pitcher she is putting the ball in play.

Oct 2, 2017
Cameron played 7 games this weekend and her team finished in 2nd place. She batted 2nd each game and finished the weekend 12-17 with 9 runs, 4 Rbis, 1BB, and 0SO. She did hit into a 4-6-3 double play. First time I've seen it turned. Swing still needs work but no matter the speed of the pitcher she is putting the ball in play.
That's great to hear! Keep going and keep that confidence growing.

Nov 26, 2020
We did some one handed swings and trying to get her front elbow away from her side and out in front. Not a lot of success and it looks like she is just rolling over very quickly. As we move into 12u she needs to hit the ball harder. In games she extends down after contact and I’m trying to use the front elbow as a trigger to get her get thru the ball. Any suggestion?

Oct 2, 2017
We did some one handed swings and trying to get her front elbow away from her side and out in front. Not a lot of success and it looks like she is just rolling over very quickly. As we move into 12u she needs to hit the ball harder. In games she extends down after contact and I’m trying to use the front elbow as a trigger to get her get thru the ball. Any suggestion?

How much side toss are you doing?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802