Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
Good news is her team won the championship! She played 5 games, only struck out once and got a bunch of hits. That’s the good news, the bad news is the form was brutal. All arms, no lower half at all. Video of one at bat incoming

Nov 26, 2020
Good news is her team won the championship! She played 5 games, only struck out once and got a bunch of hits. That’s the good news, the bad news is the form was brutal. All arms, no lower half at all. Video of one at bat incoming

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I like this drill also. It makes you use your hands. Make sure you get a nice pause after the initial load. Then try to stay square and use your hands down to the ball. Harder to use the big muscles. Outside tee preferred.

1617106136512.gif

Nov 26, 2020
cuts across the ball. Pulling the front shoulder to swing. Get a short tee ball bat and set up the tee outside. Makes her stay in and use her hands. You could do the Ryan Braun drill as a progression also. She looks good though. Keep up the good work!

Yep, this is a result of me telling her to uncoil hard, I’m messing up her sequence. Thankfully, she makes adjustments pretty easily. Time to keep the shoulder in with our uncoil. Thanks!

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin

Here is what i see from my uneducated eyes. I agree with W=W, however i never understood the reasons for the drills specifically(edit:but now i think i do). I see your DD in a good initial position and she does a good job holding that at toe touch, she lowers the barrel a bit but not too bad IMO.

Where it goes bad is the first move is to push her hands away from her body, i guess i would call it casting. She keeps her wrist angles and doesn't lose her whip early, which is also good.

I am curious what others will comment, as this was also a high pitch and her tilt will be somewhat lost because of that. She seems to be arching her back to keep her bottom half the same but pushing out and swinging away from her body to get the high ball.

Her barrel then bounces down off contact from the level swing.

My thoughts would be to keep the hands high and tight and swing with the core then release barrel into ball 'after' the turn. This should allow her upper half to still keep the correct tilt. She is dropping hands below shoulder and releasing hands away from shoulder immediately.

Again, just my .02$, and hope the screen shots help.

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.55.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.54.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.56.07 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.57.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 8.57.28 AM.png

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yep, this is a result of me telling her to uncoil hard, I’m messing up her sequence. Thankfully, she makes adjustments pretty easily. Time to keep the shoulder in with our uncoil. Thanks!

put the hands in charge. She already uses them. Let them lead her uncoil. I know it sounds backwards. The hips, shoulders, body have little space to travel to impact the swing. The hands have to travel the farthest to get to square. That’s the explanation in a nutshell.

@pattar posted some drills some pages ago. Those are good as well.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Here is what i see from my uneducated eyes. I agree with W=W, however i never understood the reasons for the drills specifically(edit:but now i think i do). I see your DD in a good initial position and she does a good job holding that at toe touch, she lowers the barrel a bit but not too bad IMO.

Where it goes bad is the first move is to push her hands away from her body, i guess i would call it casting. She keeps her wrist angles and doesn't lose her whip early, which is also good.

I am curious what others will comment, as this was also a high pitch and her tilt will be somewhat lost because of that. She seems to be arching her back to keep her bottom half the same but pushing out and swinging away from her body to get the high ball.

Her barrel then bounces down off contact from the level swing.

My thoughts would be to keep the hands high and tight and swing with the core then release barrel into ball 'after' the turn. This should allow her upper half to still keep the correct tilt. She is dropping hands below shoulder and releasing hands away from shoulder immediately.

Again, just my .02$, and hope the screen shots help.

View attachment 21518
View attachment 21522
View attachment 21519
View attachment 21520
View attachment 21521

good post FB. The hands getting away is a front side move.. a ‘yank’ usually. The hands should have been involved earlier then the yank of the hands wouldn’t have been present if the hands were leading the ‘swing’ launch.

here’s a hands initiated ‘swing’ launch. See how the front side stays in longer and the hands are more active.

1617114803905.gif

for whoever: if you wanna stay in posture. Use your hands.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee