Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
The only thing I would say is keep the front leg closed a bit longer. That’s why the head comes forward a tad and the swing is a bit steep. She’s leaks a bit and compensates. Just remind her to stay straight or closed. Whatever cue you were using before.

here’s a good example of staying closed. Your dd should be able to do this bc she uses her hands well.

View attachment 21446
Got it - will report back!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Yeah. That lead arm is barred a bit to start. But it gets smaller when needed. At least in the tee swings. Comes across the ball bc posture is a bit to upright. No space for the arms to swing through. She maintains the posture she sets. Force production is good.

bend her over from the waist before she sets her knee flexion. Have her maintain that spine angle during reps. like this. Should clean it up some.

1616672324694.gif

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
We worked on keeping the head back, staying more closed and whipping the hands through. She’s announcing her swing speed after each swing. She’s being optimistic.https://youtube.com/shorts/C_hg5jYmD5s

Keep whipping the barrel "down to".. Drive the ball through the wall and not over.. Over will occur when she just misses.

yvz2Dvw.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Note the posture here. The hand set is different as well. They both work. One is more preset. The other is more dynamic. As long as she can control it. The biggest thing is if they start back. They don’t need to get back. If they start close they need to get back.

1616673169363.gif

1616673380623.gif

1616673505147.gif

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks all! I was so focused on the head we didn’t talk about posture. She wants to be so straight up she needs the cue about posture. We will get better here.
Side note: I think when we started moving her forward on her step she would keep moving forward and lunge because of how we started hitting. Meaning: when she would stay back and squish the big we used to have to say “now go attack the ball and hit it out in front of the plate”. Now that she moves forward a bit she was still thinking after her foot was down that she had to go get the ball. So it was a forward and then forward again which made her lunge. So big change with the idea of not trying to go get the ball. I hope that makes sense it may help others.

Nov 26, 2020
Yeah. That lead arm is barred a bit to start. But it gets smaller when needed. At least in the tee swings. Comes across the ball bc posture is a bit to upright. No space for the arms to swing through. She maintains the posture she sets. Force production is good.

bend her over from the waist before she sets her knee flexion. Have her maintain that spine angle during reps. like this. Should clean it up some.

View attachment 21459
Yes!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45