Brush Inteference

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Wow. That elbow needs to be behind the hip actually grazing to glute medius and minimus. Crazy.

Yes! It seems counterintuitive, but closer/more contact is better. A kid can have a bruise on the hip bone and by making the correction, they can immediately throw without pain. I like "grazing" as a descriptor. Brush isn't a whack or bump. It's a great method for having a consistent release. It's kind of scary to talk about it on the internet because, like shaker1 said, sometimes someone might overemphasize "lead with the elbow" or force flexion.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018
Found this video about brush interference. There are subtitles, so it is understandable.

Sluggers I’ve seen this. It’s pretty cool . I like when he explains how the arms work in a circular pattern. It’s pretty brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 8, 2018
Sluggers I’ve seen this. It’s pretty cool . I like when he explains how the arms work in a circular pattern. It’s pretty brilliant.

It is and “when” I can get dd to do it her motion is fluid and power seems effortless. You have to wonder why she wouldn’t “want” to do this all the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28