Best summer showcase or tournament mid-Atlantic?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
The annual Glory Strike Out Cancer tournament in Northern VA attracted a number of college coaches this summer.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
No recommendations from me other than the "best" showcase is where your DD's future college coach comes and watches her play. Furthermore, it's usually a series of showcases, not just the best. Once you are in the 16U/18U division every tourney is a showcase even the 5 game round robins. My DD's first look came at a Juco scrimmage.

Mar 8, 2016
If you are going for variety and volume of coaches.

Triple Crown Summer Showcase Myrtle Beach

Scenic City fall Showcase Chattanooga

Old WFC Early Signing Showcase Myrtle Beach that I believe has been taken over by TC.

Cardinals classic Shiwcase tournaments usually have a lot of coaches but they can be a little hit and miss.

I would echo what OS said dd got a lot of contact from coaches by going to Scenic City but 95% of them she had no interest in ever attending. Find the schools that your dd is interested in attending and follow the coaches on social media and see what tournaments they are attending.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Jun 7, 2016
Unless you are looking at just having a nice softball/family weekend, I believe the thinking is backwards. Players zhould be combing the internet to find schools of interest and fit (level of play, academic fit, geographic match, campus life etc). Getting these target schools is the biggest hurdle and then start your game plan to make yourself (DD) a must have for the school. Your player should be picking a school they will be happy with regardless of what activities they opt into. (Softball can end abruptly for many reasons, and the transfer portal may be of no use!) While it is your DD's journey, very few 15 or 16 yr olds have the wisdom or perspective to collate and process the information needed to make sound long term decisions of such magnitude, so provide guidance without hijacking. Best of luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28