best fundraising ideas for summer?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I always prefer we go big rather than doing small stuff or stuff that relies on everyone turning up or similar.

So Poker Nights have been big for us the past few years. More organization and effort, but you can get your whole fundraising goal done in an evening.

Missed it for this season, but Superbowl/NCAA pools are always winners as well.

I hate raffles/coupon/merchandise sales types fundraising. Always ends up with 3-4 kids doing all the fundraising and some others doing nothing.

Edit: 8U teams just need to get permission to stand in front of the local Costco/Sams Cub/Walmart in uniform with their helmets to put donations in. They are adorable and impossible to say no to. In that age group - and even in 10U - you can raise $1000 clear with little effort.

One they hit 12U - well they aren't as adorable anymore...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Football boards have always been good for us and take little effort. We are lucky to have gotten a spot to sell drinks at a NASCAR event twice a year and make a fortune.

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
BBQ Pork Butts - big seller for us. We have a dad who is a pit master.

I second this. I just smoked 4 pork butts for our baseball team. We made about $500 profit in a day on sandwich sales. This was at a tournament, but maybe check with your local Wal-Mart and see if they would let you setup in their parking lot for a BBQ.

Jan 26, 2015
Southeast
LOLOLOLOL! Can't stop laughing! Pork Butt doesn't come from the Butt of a pig!!!!! Our team currently is selling raffle tickets for a .308 rifle....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keatonskidmore