Before You Commit To A Travel Team.....(inspired by chinamigarden)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Are the players required to use a specific brand of equipment? If so, can the equipment be purchased anywhere, or only through the team's vendor?

Jul 14, 2010
1) when and how do you give feedback to the team on their performance for the game/day?
2) what is your philosophy for playing time for Saturday v Sunday?
3) if my daughter or I have questions, how would you prefer to be contacted?
4) does your organization require parents to work at their other age group team sponsored tournaments? Do their parents help with our age group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 27, 2014
If the team is a mix of birthyears/graduation years, how many older girls are there and how many younger? This is important when it's time for the older girls to move up to the next age division. Will the team have to disband at that time? If so, will the coach(es) go with the older girls or the younger (how old is HC's daughter)? If you're on the wrong end, you'll be team-hunting again.
We did not ask your questions, or any others about pitchers - :p, when joining a new 10u team last year. We just figured it was first year 10u since it was a new team. We figured there were no established pitchers - since it was a completely new team. So, we ended up on a year older team than DD with 7 pitchers ahead of her that were tied to head coaches, assistant coaches, coaches in our org or had pitched for the HC in prior years. Lol.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
What tournaments will you play in next year? Is the team playing the best competition it can find or compete with or merely trophy hunting?
Who is your competition? This will tell you the level they see themselves at.
How many away (overnight) tournaments are there and where?
Where do you practice and do you have this prearranged/confirmed? (Have been on teams that did not have a confirmed field to practice on?
What are your coaching strengths, background, experience?
What are your goals for the team?

Regarding the Nationals question #8. Which Nationals do they plan to go to?

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
1. What are the expected team dues?
2. How transparent is your accounting system? Do families receive monthly statements?
3. Does any portion of my team dues help subsidize your Futures/Gold team(s)?

For the record, I am not opposed to a "yes" answer to question #3, depending upon what the $ amount is.
But I do have issue with this accounting practice without declaration...

4. What sort of off-season winter practice regimen can we expect? What facilities do you utilize?

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
1. Do you subscribe to the Hanson Principle with regard to hitting and pitching mechanics?
B. Are players on your team eligible to play for the DFP Diamond Elite Platinum team?

;)

ArmyStrong

Going broke on softball
Sep 14, 2014
Pacific NW
1. How may of your players play travel ball in other sports. Is softball the #1 sport for these players? What happens when there is a conflict?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802