Batting out of order (extra batter)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 30, 2018
Had this happen today and not sure if it was called correctly or not. I'm scoring the game fyi.

Coach turned in a lineup card with 9 but batted 10. I guess he just missed putting in one player when he wrote it out quickly between games.

First time up to bat player gets out so the other team doesn't say anything. Second time up she hits a double scoring 1 run. Opposing coach calls time informs the umpire.

Umpire comes over and tells me the batter is out and the run doesn't count. That was the third out so inning over.

The umpire and other coach allow her to remain in the game and bat next time up like nothing happened.

Two questions.
Did the first at bat establish a new batting order?
How was she able to get remain in the game?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Jan 11, 2015
Had this happen today and not sure if it was called correctly or not. I'm scoring the game fyi.

Coach turned in a lineup card with 9 but batted 10. I guess he just missed putting in one player when he wrote it out quickly between games.

First time up to bat player gets out so the other team doesn't say anything. Second time up she hits a double scoring 1 run. Opposing coach calls time informs the umpire.

Umpire comes over and tells me the batter is out and the run doesn't count. That was the third out so inning over.

The umpire and other coach allow her to remain in the game and bat next time up like nothing happened.

Two questions.
Did the first at bat establish a new batting order?
How was she able to get remain in the game?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Could be something simple as the tournament had relax rules on the batting order. Which rules were y'all using.

Sounds like the coach was happy to just let the kid keep hitting and the umpire was fine with it if both coaches were.

If using strict batting order rules, the order is what is on the lineup card the umpire has. Some places might just let you slap on people at the end as long as everyone is told.

Oct 11, 2018
Atlanta
NFHS isn’t going to let you have a 10th person batting… I think you are referring to the rule governing a sub that isn’t listed on the lineup card. As I read the OP they added a 10th spot to their lineup (an EH, EP, AP or whatever the sanction calls it to allow batting more than 9).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cputman12