Batting Average?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Unless you're using some kind of modified rules that makes it less than a game (like setting up different situations), I don't really understand travel teams calling a game against another team with umpires a scrimmage.
Sometimes you scrimmage with each team getting 5 AB per inning. So you could have 5 outs or 5 hits then the other team get 5 ABs. Usually done when both teams are in the same org. and nobody wants to be blown out.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Sometimes you scrimmage with each team getting 5 AB per inning. So you could have 5 outs or 5 hits then the other team get 5 ABs. Usually done when both teams are in the same org. and nobody wants to be blown out.

Yeah, that's just practice. I wouldn't count anything that happened there for statistical purposes, though I would use video of it for recruiting.

Apr 1, 2017
Unless you're using some kind of modified rules that makes it less than a game (like setting up different situations), I don't really understand travel teams calling a game against another team with umpires a scrimmage.
That’s my way of thinking too. If we play a handful of random weekday games, why score them as scrimmages??? Just because you might play them slightly different than your best 9 all game, doesn’t mean they shouldn’t count. Both teams are still trying to win.

I see the lineups the White Sox throw out there sometimes on “getaway” day. Those losses still count in the standings……

May 29, 2015

See, I KNEW the umpires were always on the other team!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802