Bat Weight Database

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2019
12. Turns 13 in July. I'm 6'4" and she's the tallest on her team by several inches. We live on a farm, so she's been lugging bales of hay for many years and is a strong girl.
That's awesome. Ours are close in age, my turns 13 in Sept. She's officially 5'4.5" so she's on the taller side so far for girls and very strong as well. I think she's officially ready for the 32".

Oct 4, 2018
That's awesome. Ours are close in age, my turns 13 in Sept. She's officially 5'4.5" so she's on the taller side so far for girls and very strong as well. I think she's officially ready for the 32".

Oh, heck yeah she is. Mine is at a 33. I tell most strong girls who are good hitters to move to 32 if they're not there. Well, I tell their parents. :p

One ounce is the weight of a slice of bread. It's really not that big a deal.

May 24, 2013
So Cal

My DD was about that size at 12yo, and was swinging a 33/23 Demarini. She moved to a 33/23 Ghost at 13yo (about 1 oz heavier than the Demarini), and stayed with that size until last summer (16yo, 5'-6", 160 lbs).

Oct 4, 2018
Slight tangent, but parents (not the ones here) seem to like to believe that a lighter bat will help with faster pitching.

No, practice and learning timing will help with faster pitching. I have to bite my tongue as I heard dads talk about their slow pitcher bat and fast pitcher bat. Uh...

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Slight tangent, but parents (not the ones here) seem to like to believe that a lighter bat will help with faster pitching.

No, practice and learning timing will help with faster pitching. I have to bite my tongue as I heard dads talk about their slow pitcher bat and fast pitcher bat. Uh...

My DD will sometimes use her smaller bat when she is being challenged by velocity. She feels like she can be quicker with it. Whether it's true or not, I don't know, but if it makes her feel better, that's a valid reason to me.

May 28, 2019

i concur to an extent. i've fought this a lot with my dd. the bat option is just a temporary band aid to try to gain an immediate advantage during a game while trying to correctly fix the bigger issues at hand which take time and reps. It's not a fix but i think it does help.

the other thing that i've heard our coach talk about is when girls are trying to hit speed, they try to swing harder with the top half vs just focusing on getting the lower half timely engaged. It's a great reminder yet so simply put.

Aug 9, 2021
Reweighed today with no wrapper...

2022 Easton GA 33/24 24.2
2020 Easton GA 33/24 24.3 (old bat: used for ~1 year, dirty, beat up, missing some paint, and aftermarket grip).

Edit: this was done on a food scale so maybe not exact.IMG_5494.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45