Bat For Slappers

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
DD15 uses both a 2015 Xeno and a 2016 lxt. She prefers the xeno. She had a 2014 lxt that broke that was her favorite

Mar 24, 2014
Anybody see any problems using the CF8 Insane for a player who both slaps and hits off left side? The Insane is advertised as end loaded but not as much as end loaded bats?

Anybody see any problems using the CF8 Insane for a player who both slaps and hits off left side? The Insane is advertised as end loaded but not as much as end loaded bats?
Definitely not my first choice for a slapper, but if your DD likes it, then who am I to say?

Slappers almost always prefer the greater control provided by a balanced bat. All of my slappers use balanced CFs or the LXT.

Mar 24, 2014
Definitely not my first choice for a slapper, but if your DD likes it, then who am I to say?

Slappers almost always prefer the greater control provided by a balanced bat. All of my slappers use balanced CFs or the LXT.

That's what I'm leaning towards after we talked this weekend between games. We narrowed the selection down to the CF balanced or LXT.

Mar 28, 2013
My DDs a triple threat lefty with good speed an her favorite bat is the Mako , We wound up with a slapper cf 8 because of a warrantee of a hope bat, she likes swinging the slapper and hits well with it. But in game situations where every pitch might be drag,slap, or swing for fences depending on the defense she feels the slapper would limit her long ball ability. and showing up at the plate with a bright orange bat one at bat and a pure white one the next would be a bit of a tell.She does feel the slapper has ok pop, its just that the Mako has more.

Mar 21, 2013
If she is used to a Dimarini then I would definitely consider staying with the CF8 if she likes it. All bats are good, but the weights are very different. Each manufacturer's 21oz bat has a different weight. A friend has a Easton that feels like it's heavier and end loaded compared to my daughter's Dimarini of the same weight. Bottom line, have her swing them first.

There is a bat weight database on here somewhere. Maybe someone can point you in that direction for reference. Look at the actual weights compared to the bat's listed weight.

Mar 24, 2014
Quick update. Have been using her friends CF7 Insane and working really good for her on the left side. Driving the ball with hard slapping or hitting from left. Soft slap working well too. Seems to like it. Will finish the season with it and continue to monitor performance.

Mar 11, 2009
one of my daughters teammates just got the Demarini "Slapper" bat. I will get feedback on it after this week in Colorado and let you know what she thinks of it. Smaller framed kid, fast not alot of power but occasionally will burn left fielder if shallow.

Teammate did very well with Slapper bat. Appears to have plenty of pop, and she has great control with it. More so that a regular drop 10 bat she was using before that was also a Demarini.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13