Bat advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I see a lot of discussions on this site that talk about which bats to buy for our daughters. Invariably, someone will chime in with an opinion, which is fine, but it is just their opinion.

When people ask me what bat they should buy for their daughter, my response is usually something like, "whichever one best suits their needs and swing." I always suggest trying out a different bat before making an expensive purchase, just the same as one would try on a pair of pants before buying them. Maybe that's why I don't buy clothes on the internet, but I digress.

Many Dick's locations allow you to try a bat in their cages, and a lot of smaller sporting goods stores also have demo bats available. So, when someone asks what bat I'd buy, they're not taking into account that my daughters use different bats from one another despite being similar in build and swing. Why is that? Simply put, personal preference. Now you want to me to compare your 10U daughter, who's 4'7" and 75 lbs, to my 16 year-old daughter, who's 5'8" and 180 lbs?

The best advice I can offer is what a particular bat feels like, i.e. is it light, end-loaded, stiff, etc. What I can't do is say with certainty that a particular bat is the best fit for your child. So next time you ask about the right bat for your daughter, please try it out first. It will make your life easier.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If all the wise guys on DFP comment on this thread, it will be as bad as "I guess I'll start an off-topic thread."

Jun 8, 2016
If all the wise guys on DFP comment on this thread, it will be as bad as "I guess I'll start an off-topic thread."
Since it was a PSA, and not something which seems like it warrants a discussion, just put a disclaimer in OP stating any comments which follow can be ignored unless you want to be entertained..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee