Balance and timing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Good stuff! So my DD is early to foot down and hits predominantly pull side. She’s inconsistent with it. She’s at her best when she gets foot up later. Uses the whole field with more consistent barrel contact. So you think waiting as long as possible to get the front foot up would help? Haven’t thought of that. I would hate to get into a situation where she starts feeling rushed

I would say just start her sequence later.. If the approach is middle away the result should be balls driven middle/away.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
1653752999344.gif
HR
1653753036833.gif
2B

My gif app isn’t working right now. Here’s a few I posted previously. She likes to step in the bucket no matter the pitch location. Doesn’t do it during practice. Not sure if she’s in the bucket, she’s just a bit open due to her starting closed. Imo, which she agrees with, is that she does that in fear of fouling it off her shin. Refuses to wear a shin guard. Doesn’t stop her from covering so I leave it alone. I pick my battles.

She loads as late as possible. It’s her way of staying back longer but still being able to adjust. As soon as my gif app is in a better mood I’ll post some others. I have a few catcher view gifs and some change up knocks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279