Bad Experience with Epic Sports

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 3, 2019
Why not just go to the closest Dick's Sporting Goods or order online from them? They seem to be the mother ship of softball equipment.

May 6, 2015
Why not just go to the closest Dick's Sporting Goods or order online from them? They seem to be the mother ship of softball equipment.
tried the local dicsk thsi weekend, poor selection really (other than youth and socccer), and DD is particular. mid rise, metal (or hybrid), white or gray. local dicks had nothing, even in wrong color scheme (was going to have her try them on and then order correct color). dicks is VERY seasonal, to them softball and baseball are over really. just leftovers, no plans to restock until next late winter.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Usually selections are terrible and prices are more than most. I would rather support anybody
but Dicks
I refuse to spend a dime there! Just a overpriced retail clothes store!

I remember when we only had a Sports Authority here in town and had heard DSG was coming to town, I was glad! And sure enough they shut down that SA. I’d give anything to have that SA back here now!

Jun 19, 2016
Usually selections are terrible and prices are more than most. I would rather support anybody
but Dicks
Not to mention poor service and inaccurate inventory on website. I have went twice to go pick something up the website said they had and they didn't.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I refuse to spend a dime there! Just a overpriced retail clothes store!

I remember when we only had a Sports Authority here in town and had heard DSG was coming to town, I was glad! And sure enough they shut down that SA. I’d give anything to have that SA back here now!

That’s a name I haven’t heard in a long time.....

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Not to mention poor service and inaccurate inventory on website. I have went twice to go pick something up the website said they had and they didn't.

Thats because to be a huge buyer like Dicks is...they place one order and then they ship what they want to what stores
they choose. Thats why you will see tons of Dicks with no real sizes in bats or any good bats at all, then you will go to
one and they have all prime bats. Its because the purchaser decided by that particular store should get
prime softball stuff because of their numbers and the other should only get the cheaper bats or terrible sizes.
I dont think they know half the time whats in what store....hahaha

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana

Our store in Baton Rouge is the total opposite as far as softball goes. They have a couple racks of clothing for softball and an enormous section for baseball. Same with bats with 3 aisles filled with baseball bats and one side of an aisle and maybe an endcap with some softball bats.

I do realize that baseball sales vs fastpitch sales dont compare when it comes to the big box stores, but its pretty sad when Academy Sports has a bigger variety of softball pants to choose from than Dicks that only carries Adidas and Nike pants.

Also to add about Epic Sports, if you need something fast then they are typically not the place to go but when it comes to bargain shopping, they are definitely my go to. When my daughter first started playing, I bought a Schutt helmet on "super clearance" for 2 bucks, the faceguard for 6 bucks, and a chin strap for 2 bucks. They actually sent the wrong sized helmet at first and told me to keep it since itd cost more to ship it back than it was worth. So I ended up getting her helmet for 10 bucks and sold the other helmet for 20 bucks to a teammate which covered the original package with shipping. Not bad for what normally was a $50 helmet.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2016
Thats because to be a huge buyer like Dicks is...they place one order and then they ship what they want to what stores
they choose. Thats why you will see tons of Dicks with no real sizes in bats or any good bats at all, then you will go to
one and they have all prime bats. Its because the purchaser decided by that particular store should get
prime softball stuff because of their numbers and the other should only get the cheaper bats or terrible sizes.
I dont think they know half the time whats in what store....hahaha
I was trying to get a pair of shoes but I am sure what you said about bats is true. I have never seen a big box store have any quality bats except for in 33/34 drop 10s at full MSRP.

Academy appears to have private label Demarini stuff now. I am pretty sure it is low in composite replacing the Vendetta.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee