Anyone going to the CSC - College Softball Camp in Louisiana next week??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
We are. I personally can't wait but I am nervous for DD because she is taking a much needed break until this weekend. She hasn't touched a softball in 3 weeks except for 2 pitching lessons and 2 slow pitch softball tournaments (for fundraising). Should be interesting but I have a feeling she will be just fine. :)

We are working on profile sheets...and have a list of coaches to communicate more enthusiastically with. ;)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Good luck at CSC! PM if you would like to see the profile sheet we used for my DD. I would be happy to email you the Excel spreadsheet if you want to use it as a template.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
We are going too, and are really looking forward to it. I was just working on her profile sheet this morning. Not too much to put on it since she's just an 8th grader. MY DD is going driving to Universal Studios in Orlando starting on Sunday and coming back on the 31st. She is also doing the Polar Express thing in Palestine with her cousins and grandmother on Friday. She will be exhausted and rusty at the same time by the time I get her on the road to the camp.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Good luck at CSC! PM if you would like to see the profile sheet we used for my DD. I would be happy to email you the Excel spreadsheet if you want to use it as a template.

BTW your box is full. I tried to send you a request for your template. Merry Christmas!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
We got back from the CSC camp and I want to say that I was truly impressed with the entire format. They had to struggle with the anticipation of rain (100% forcasted, but only trace amounts fell)on Saturday and trying to figure where to put all the girls and parents. They had enough indoor/outdoor turf facilities within close range to accommodate everyone involved. The fact that they updated the parents as to every move was astronomical. I was able to connect and talk with some really neat people as well. Even some coaches that we played against this past summer. Such a small world...that's another thread that I will have to start.

There were so many college coaches from D1, D2, D3, NAIA, Juco and CC working with every girl. At the beginning they made the girls w/o the parents go into another gym and talk to one another face to face. They make a point of trying to reduce any parental interference as possible to increase the one on one experience with the players.

If your DD is late in the process and wants to play in the south or New Mexico!!!, this is camp to go to for sure. If your DD is an 8th grader, this is a great way to get that college coach exposure. Get the marbles out the mouth and work on your confidence. And any player in between. If you were on the fence about this, get off of it. You missed out this year.

There were a couple of some what negative things that I saw, but they were tiny compared to the overall positive experience of the camp. Hats off to Jim and Jade Hewitt, the college coaches that spent their time with the girls, the volunteer college players and all the moms and dads that made this happen. Well done.

DFP callouts:
I tried to find Maksoftball. No avail. JAD-We sent out our Vista print postcards yesterday and today, and used your biography template. Thank you so much. I also got my ebay Kodak Playsport camera today.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
We got back from the CSC camp and I want to say that I was truly impressed with the entire format. They had to struggle with the anticipation of rain (100% forcasted, but only trace amounts fell)on Saturday and trying to figure where to put all the girls and parents. They had enough indoor/outdoor turf facilities within close range to accommodate everyone involved. The fact that they updated the parents as to every move was astronomical. I was able to connect and talk with some really neat people as well. Even some coaches that we played against this past summer. Such a small world...that's another thread that I will have to start.

There were so many college coaches from D1, D2, D3, NAIA, Juco and CC working with every girl. At the beginning they made the girls w/o the parents go into another gym and talk to one another face to face. They make a point of trying to reduce any parental interference as possible to increase the one on one experience with the players.

If your DD is late in the process and wants to play in the south or New Mexico!!!, this is camp to go to for sure. If your DD is an 8th grader, this is a great way to get that college coach exposure. Get the marbles out the mouth and work on your confidence. And any player in between. If you were on the fence about this, get off of it. You missed out this year.

There were a couple of some what negative things that I saw, but they were tiny compared to the overall positive experience of the camp. Hats off to Jim and Jade Hewitt, the college coaches that spent their time with the girls, the volunteer college players and all the moms and dads that made this happen. Well done.

DFP callouts:
I tried to find Maksoftball. No avail. JAD-We sent out our Vista print postcards yesterday and today, and used your biography template. Thank you so much. I also got my ebay Kodak Playsport camera today.

Hey, sounds like a great/positive experience. DD cancelled this trip because of her "temporary" decision to not pursue college softball. I tried to convince her to at least wait until after this camp, but she was firm. It was last minute, and I, as her parent, saw the signs not to push (as I have in the past). I am super jealous, and I saw updates frequently on FB. If she sways back towards college ball, then we will pursue next year. We shall see. :-/

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I also got my ebay Kodak Playsport camera today.

I don't know if I told you, but when you plug the Playsport into your computer it will load some video editing software that you can use to put together a skills video and do slow motion video. Probably is not great compared to professional software, but I used it and thought it worked great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom