Any bucket dads use a thumb guard?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
When they get up around 60 it hurts if you catch it on that thumb. I think the single hinge is better for thumb protection. I think a quality mitt is a better way to go than a thumb guard. The big issue with fastpitch mitts is many will not fit fat man hands. I am pretty sure the Rawlings will...not sure about the All Star. Adult women will not have any issues with any of the mitts.

But don't let these guys bug you. You need to protect yourself. Full gear and alloy toe shoes.

Apr 17, 2019
When they get up around 60 it hurts if you catch it on that thumb. I think the single hinge is better for thumb protection. I think a quality mitt is a better way to go than a thumb guard. The big issue with fastpitch mitts is many will not fit fat man hands. I am pretty sure the Rawlings will...not sure about the All Star. Adult women will not have any issues with any of the mitts.

But don't let these guys bug you. You need to protect yourself. Full gear and alloy toe shoes.
I’m not worried about what anyone thinks, tbh I think about it as my DD wearing a face mask when other kids don’t, it only takes one.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I’m not worried about what anyone thinks, tbh I think about it as my DD wearing a face mask when other kids don’t, it only takes one.
Hope you know I was playing with you in my original post…you do what’s best for you!

I’ve had my share dings and bruises catching my DD, the most pain I’ve ever had catching her was during a moment of stupidity I thought she broke my index finger on my throwing hand. Her last PC before college loved the drop ball, I’d catch probably 40 each lesson, those can get stressful, you cover your teeth with your lips pretty tight!

Anna maxed out at 62/63 but could really spin it, when you really have to go after a rise or curve to catch it last second, those are the ones that pound your thumb! Old eyes don’t help either!

Apr 17, 2019
Hope you know I was playing with you in my original post…you do what’s best for you!

I’ve had my share dings and bruises catching my DD, the most pain I’ve ever had catching her was during a moment of stupidity I thought she broke my index finger on my throwing hand. Her last PC before college loved the drop ball, I’d catch probably 40 each lesson, those can get stressful, you cover your teeth with your lips pretty tight!

Anna maxed out at 62/63 but could really spin it, when you really have to go after a rise or curve to catch it last second, those are the ones that pound your thumb! Old eyes don’t help either!

Nope I knew no hard feelings here at all, just having some fun.

Your not kidding I hate catching drop balls!

Apr 17, 2019
Anyone know where I can find the CMW3001? Every where I look is out of stock, I can also get a really good deal on an HOH glove, but can’t find if that is single hinge or not.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Anyone know where I can find the CMW3001? Every where I look is out of stock, I can also get a really good deal on an HOH glove, but can’t find if that is single hinge or not.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse