Another year. Evie is 11.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 12, 2020
Softball is cruel Day two of her league playoffs last evening, she went 0-5. Two liners caught though, one was a solid missile the pitcher snapped off in self preservation mode (gif attached), the other was meh, soft.

She also ended a 7 run comeback bid with k looking with a runner on 3 to end game 1, but it was an 8 pitch at bat, a good fight. I really loved that she was in that position, those are special experiences, to win and lose.

For the day, I feel she definitely got over confident and started 'muscling' up after good contact carried over to her 1st at bat below.

5e75c93562ddd30205366deab40fdb65.gif

Dec 12, 2020
I like her bunting mechanics in the previous vid - such a simple thing so many folks teach/do wrong.
She really enjoys it. Deep down I think she wishes she was a lefty. Sometimes I do too, physically growing doesn't yet seem to be her forte.

Oct 26, 2019
She really enjoys it. Deep down I think she wishes she was a lefty. Sometimes I do too, physically growing doesn't yet seem to be her forte.
I have a 2010 also and she is small for her age despite the fact that mom and dad are both 6’0 and her 2013 sister is the same height as her. I know your pain.

Dec 12, 2020
We are encompassing on new waters...

Evie's team has dissolved. It was a great run, they have been playing together for 5 years, some 7. For the 1st time ever, we are looking at tryouts. We spent much of the week on her fielding and throwing but sprinkled in some front toss, with no instruction, to see where her habits lie.

Somber, but exciting time at the moment.

Dec 12, 2020
Swing looks a little long with some disconnection. Just nit picking though. Could be something to clean up moving forward
Totally agree. She has naturally gravitated to that stride, no stride, and I think it helps her maintain control, but she loses her load up her back as she goes to heel plant, bleeds and gets long.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse