Another year. Evie is 11.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
After a full month of being rained out, Evie's team finally managed to get some games in this weekend. Nothing from May 2nd through 28th.

She hit a homerun.

...inside the park. But it was hit pretty well! It found the left foul pole quickly. Errorless, and even pull side. No particular break throughs, just a solid barrel somehow to the right place at the right time.

Let her keep hitting !! Let the movement flow be your guide.

Jun 8, 2016
After a full month of being rained out, Evie's team finally managed to get some games in this weekend. Nothing from May 2nd through 28th.

She hit a homerun.

...inside the park. But it was hit pretty well! It found the left foul pole quickly. Errorless, and even pull side. No particular break throughs, just a solid barrel somehow to the right place at the right time.

Second most exciting play in baseball/softball behind only the illegal pitch..

Dec 12, 2020
This was Evie's theme of last weekend, and really the last couple weeks. It has become a legit struggle.

She only had one K, but you can probably imagine the contact she is making. She had an OK tourney (3-10, 2bb, k, NO RAIN) but she now expects more, and Sunday was real rough for her. Her team loss a one run game in the semis of which she had a couple opportunities with risp.
6dada42e35b9163e2afb928068ee1630.gif

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
This was Evie's theme of last weekend, and really the last couple weeks. It has become a legit struggle.

She only had one K, but you can probably imagine the contact she is making. She had an OK tourney (3-10, 2bb, k, NO RAIN) but she now expects more, and Sunday was real rough for her. Her team loss a one run game in the semis of which she had a couple opportunities with risp.
6dada42e35b9163e2afb928068ee1630.gif
Struggles like this happen. I wouldn't look to mechanics here. I would look more to approach. That up in the zone is a tough one to hit consistently. I don't care who you are lol. Got to find those pitches more in her zone and wheel house and pull the trigger on them.

Dec 12, 2020
Struggles like this happen. I wouldn't look to mechanics here. I would look more to approach. That up in the zone is a tough one to hit consistently. I don't care who you are lol. Got to find those pitches more in her zone and wheel house and pull the trigger on them.
Yeah, I was happy with her hacks, and I am happy with how aggressive she is getting. Trying to toe the line of an aggressive take, she seems to just cross the line of no return. She mentioned she often wants to take those.

Dec 12, 2020
Evie has found three doubles over her last few games. That is big for her, most of her solid hits have found gloves this season.

And she layed off most of the high stuff though it's probably because she loathes the "don't swing at that junky junk" chant.

We are seeing a wide variety of arms, and timing has been difficult. Trying to get to a consistent launch position, she can be good at starting early and being rushed. It's been fun to finally have a few consecutive weeks after an all rain May to help her get a feel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812