Another day in trophy chasing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
No it is, but cant reach each metro like Houston, Atlanta etc as an example. But I feel you understand the point. I've seen many teams from Houston, So Cal, Atlanta and Chattanooga over the years. So for those Houston teams only staying local fall into my point of travel.
translate this please? What are you trying to say?

Jun 27, 2021
translate this please? What are you trying to say?
Houston is a nice area for teams, much like So Cal, Atlanta, Cent. FL etc. The point was I wasn't naming each metro area that have a good market for players and competitive ball. With that said, many teams from Houston travel to So Cal, Colorado, Atlanta and Chattanooga for the bigger tournaments. Those teams that tag the Houston name that stay local aren't the same as those who go nationally.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Hmmm? Logistics...
I think it could be said that for any of the top 20 teams Across the Nation age brackets,
that they could probably stay within the state the team originated and play some competition.
However that would be missing out on the national level of competition and that becomes more of a goal!

Oct 4, 2018
What is wrong with the idea of "win then move up"? I see so many coaches in the 10u to 14u that want to classify as something they are not with the mantra of "iron sharpens iron" or "play the best to be the best". How about a coach that gets the best out of his team at whatever level that is.

Agreed.

"Iron sharpens iron" doesn't really apply when one team is tin.

Oct 4, 2018
If you sleep in your own bed each weekend and don't live in So Cal, you're not playing real ball.

We sleep in our own bed each weekend, but we wake up at 5:00 am and hit the road and don't get back until 1:00 am. :p

[EDIT: we're in Atlanta. Fortunately enough big SouthEast tournaments are played within 90 minutes of where we live]

Oct 4, 2018
We don't trophy hunt, but now that they have different colored rings every weekend, it is fun to get all the colors. :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28