Another bat question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
Had one dd that swung 33 -9 Xenos another one swung 33 -8 Ghosts. Neither were big girls, both power hitters.

If I had it all to do over I would probably not go down the low drop road. The dd that swung the -8 ghosts is in college now hits the ball farther with a 34/24 than she ever did before. A lot has changed since then.

My advice is to try before you buy, outdoors on a field. Every kid hits every bat a little different. We tried to like Demarini with dd#2 but she hit noticeably better with her older sisters recycled Xenos. She didn’t want to like the Xeno but she did like the results.

Jun 8, 2016
My advice is to try before you buy, outdoors on a field. Every kid hits every bat a little different. We tried to like Demarini with dd#2 but she hit noticeably better with her older sisters recycled Xenos. She didn’t want to like the Xeno but she did like the results.
I know you were talking about gauging performance but hitting outside will also make the sound of a bat less of a determining factor..😉 👍

Dec 11, 2010
I know you were talking about gauging performance but hitting outside will also make the sound of a bat less of a determining factor..😉 👍
I agree.

Adding- At the time we tried the CF’s they were for sale new and used cheap everywhere. Thats the wrong reason to buy a bat. Just like deciding based on sound!

Jun 8, 2016
I agree.

Adding- At the time we tried the CF’s they were for sale new and used cheap everywhere. Thats the wrong reason to buy a bat. Just like deciding based on sound!
Right..I can get Xenos cheap…😂

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, nobody is telling her to swing a drop9. It was only brought up by the parent as to can she
and would it be bad. And no it wouldnt as long as she can handle it without giving up bat speed or
control. Also, that the drop9 Demar will be much less of an endload than other bats.
If she is swinging the drop10 fine, then stay with it. If you wanna mess with a drop9 just to
see at bp or at home messing around...go ahead.

Jun 8, 2016
Good grief..we are not choosing a life partner. If you can try out different bats go for it but tbh my kid is 13 and has always just swung what I have bought her (heck I gave her a 1 piece when she was 10) and somehow she always ends up "liking" whatever bat she has to use...Remember the frontal lobe doesn't fully develop until the mid-20's... :ROFLMAO:

If she doesn't hit it isn't the bat's fault....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28