Ankle pain

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 13, 2018
My daughter is having pain in her left ankle. We originally thought it was from basketball, but now she is having the pain again and it seems like pitching could be causing it. This is right on the front side of her ankle. Trainer thinks it may be tendinitis. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this? It is on her stride/plant foot.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
What position does her landing foot contact the ground at? Ie; 20, 30, 45, 90 degrees (relative to the powerline)? Also, heel strike, mid foot, toe touch?

My DD had some pain early this season on the top of her foot (in front of the ankle joint). Best guess as to cause so far was she practiced a lot on a concrete floor and then a fairly hard, turf surface. Also, constantly working on reducing the angle mentioned above. (old, bad mechanics that creep back in at times).

Feb 13, 2018
What position does her landing foot contact the ground at? Ie; 20, 30, 45, 90 degrees (relative to the powerline)? Also, heel strike, mid foot, toe touch?

My DD had some pain early this season on the top of her foot (in front of the ankle joint). Best guess as to cause so far was she practiced a lot on a concrete floor and then a fairly hard, turf surface. Also, constantly working on reducing the angle mentioned above. (old, bad mechanics that creep back in at
Thanks. I believe she is landing at 45 degrees

Jun 19, 2020
DD had the same thing happen earlier in the softball season. We had adjusted her launch and she was putting more pressure off her plant foot while driving forward. Basically getting away from the plant foot being flat on the ground before she would drive out. It caused the plant foot ankle to get inflamed. We bought a soft ankle brace and the issue went away in less than a week. She hasn't had any issues since. When we adjustments we limit it to one thing at a time, so it was easy to pinpoint. Video as mentioned above may help as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28