Aluminum Cage Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 30, 2018
Need a cage bat for use with a pitching machine. She just moved up to a 32"-10 Meta from a 31"-11 LXT. Dick's has a 32"-10 Easton Topaz for $50 that I was looking at for the cage. Will the aluminum bat stand up to pitching machine balls or do the hard balls destroy them as well?

Jul 27, 2021
Should be fine. Lots of cheap bats stand the test of time at the cages.

Who knows how many big hits the maroon one at my local cages has hit. At least 1000 by me for sure.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The Anderson Rocketech is an aluminum walled bat that withstand the abuse. It's also very good on the field for strong players. You can find them used for a good price. They're the -9 models. The Meta will feel like a feather when she switches back.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The Anderson Rocketech is an aluminum walled bat that withstand the abuse. It's also very good on the field for strong players. You can find them used for a good price. They're the -9 models. The Meta will feel like a feather when she switches back.
This weekend was my first tournament with my new team, all 23’s and 24’s.

I took my 33” Rocketech and 6 weighted TCB’s. Maybe I’m wrong but the girls seemed to love this pre-game warm up. Both yesterday and today several of the girls said “wow, this bat sure is solid!” So holding the bat up I finally asked “do any of you know anything about this bat….have you ever seen one before?”

Not one girl there had a clue what a Rocketech was? For us old Dads, it’s a different world….a Ghost world!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
This weekend was my first tournament with my new team, all 23’s and 24’s.

I took my 33” Rocketech and 6 weighted TCB’s. Maybe I’m wrong but the girls seemed to love this pre-game warm up. Both yesterday and today several of the girls said “wow, this bat sure is solid!” So holding the bat up I finally asked “do any of you know anything about this bat….have you ever seen one before?”

Not one girl there had a clue what a Rocketech was? For us old Dads, it’s a different world….a Ghost world!
Between the Rocketech and the TCBs, it must've felt like they were swinging Mjolnir.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You can find all kinds of nice beater bats on ebay/fb sell pages/forums and places like that for pretty cheap.
But yes, your one piece bats will give more feedback on the hands than multipiece bats.

Jan 23, 2021
My daughter swing 3 different wood bats (all overload swing training) and an old Ghost for her cage swings. She hits in a tunnel that throws 70+ and each of these bats have thousands of swings. She swings a 33/39 wood, 33/29 wood (x2) and a 33/23 Ghost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28