Alternatives to Medals ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2012
Looking for some thoughts on alternatives to medals to award at our host tournaments. Anyone received anything that was a little unique and more interesting than the traditional options?

May 16, 2016
Illinois
T-shirts, rings.

The best trophy that I have seen presented was a piece of wood carved into the shape of home plate. The home plate was painted and had state champions inscribed into it.

Medals are probably the cheapest.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
If you can find a local sawmill, they can usually turn a small replica bat (about 18' long), router or burn out anything you want to say on it, stain and finish it. We had this done for one of ours last year and not only was it unique, but cost less than the slew of trophies we usually handed out.

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
Rings are always popular, but so are medals that actually say something about the event. DD has a couple of these that look like NFL Super Bowl rings.

May 29, 2015
I am enjoying this thread! When I ran the local rec league, we did the stereotypical shiny-plastic-on-a-marble-base trophies for our season and tournament champs with all girls getting medals for playing.

I tried numerous times to change things up ... suggested t-shirts, engraved mini-bats, spending the money on a party, or even just getting different styles of trophies ... and I was met with resistance at every turn by coaches and board members.

1573489143712.gif

... and some men just want to watch the plastic sparkle.

Jun 8, 2016
DD got at 15$ gift certificate to Dick's Sporting goods for winning a tournament last Spring (in addition to a trophy or medal or some other dust collecting object..cannot remember what it was)

Oct 4, 2018
At some point you just don't want/need any more hardware.

Sheesh, a coupon for a free frozen yogurt would be more appreciated than another trophy at this point. But I get that at each tournament there might be girls who have never won a ring/trophy before.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28