Alo’s 26th hr

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Thoughts, is trapping the hands a bad thing or does it allow for greater unloading?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I don't see her hands getting trapped. In fact this would be a good example of the hands staying married to the back shoulder. This is a compact simple swing. Pitch looks away so she has to extend elbows to adjust. When girls are this strong and the bats are hot and the balls are like rocks I am surprised she doesn't have 40 HRs. She kind of has that pause rhythm like Rendon.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I don't see her hands getting trapped. In fact this would be a good example of the hands staying married to the back shoulder. This is a compact simple swing. Pitch looks away so she has to extend elbows to adjust. When girls are this strong and the bats are hot and the balls are like rocks I am surprised she doesn't have 40 HRs. She kind of has that pause rhythm like Rendon.

It’s not trapping the hands like kids do, it’s just a little bit. 👍

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
What does 'trapping hands' mean? And why is it a problem?

I think trapping the hands happens as the barrel collapses into the body or back shoulder. In that case the barrel stays cocked for to long.

In Alo, she isn’t collapsing into the body, although the barrel stays cocked during initiation. Which then turns into a huge uncocking move, great sling shot action.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
huge uncocking move, great sling shot action.

Love it! Sling shot, rubber band. I like the cue "the bat coming out of no where " or "suddenness" or " the wave crashing" "late whip" or "release it " to describe the feeling. Find it, feel it. Loose top hand.
Her swing is so balanced. Golf fans could relate to John Rahm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478