Alliance vs. PGF???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 14, 2018
Ok, back to taking So Cal teams across the country ($7500) to play when options are soooooooo much closer.

The softball in SoCal is so much better, I know a couple of Northeast teams that go to PGF Nationals for better competition, they always find it!

Still, you see many California players on east coast college rosters. There’s just so many more college teams here, I can see where it makes sense for California teams to come east and get in front of coaches from the SEC, ACC, Ivies, etc.

On the flip side, other than the challenge, there’s no reason for east coast kids to go west. I know three kids from NJ who went to an Arizona showcase in November. Out of curiosity, I took a quick flip through the PAC-12 rosters. As I recall, there were only two players from east of the Mississippi (both from Virginia).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Still, you see many California players on east coast college rosters. There’s just so many more college teams here, I can see where it makes sense for California teams to come east and get in front of coaches from the SEC, ACC, Ivies, etc.
Except this year they are in OK (10’s and 12’s) and IN (16’s and 18’s) 😉

Jul 31, 2015
On the flip side, other than the challenge, there’s no reason for east coast kids to go west. I know three kids from NJ who went to an Arizona showcase in November. Out of curiosity, I took a quick flip through the PAC-12 rosters. As I recall, there were only two players from east of the Mississippi (both from Virginia).
There was a player from NJ on the UCLA roster for 4 years.
Graduated in 2021.

I know someone from NY who played 4 years at ASU.

It happens.
Not often though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802