Alabama baserunning video?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
this weekend ( Saturday) when Alabama played Georgia, there was a play where the bases were loaded, bottom of 6, maybe 1 out, ball was hit to 2B and the base runner (Lafaele) stopped before she could be tagged out and then back-pedaled to delay the tag. the run scored and the double play was averted.

I am trying to find video of this (or the game) so I can show this to my team as an example of excellent heads up baserunning .

any ideas where I might find something?
thanks!

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I believe that this is legal for base runners, but not for a batter/runner, correct?

Correct. The batter/runner may stop, but cannot backup since it is impossible to retreat back to home plate to avoid being put out. If they do it is a dead ball and they are called out.

MTR

Jun 22, 2008
Correct. The batter/runner may stop, but cannot backup since it is impossible to retreat back to home plate to avoid being put out. If they do it is a dead ball and they are called out.

And all runners returned to the base last held at the time of the violation

Tagging in, I saw this play and it very well may have won Bama the game.

Rutgers got pummeled by MI yesterday but a girl from there executed a perfect delayed steal to get to second in that game. She did everything right and MI got lazy. I had DD watch that one as a runner and pitcher. It was very well executed, albeit not reactionary like Bama.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13