aftermarket products/other solutions to make the glove wrist area tighter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2023
I got DD a 12" glove as she will probably play some outfield this year in 10u and her old 11" was in pretty bad shape. DD is 5' tall, but she is pretty thin, so the glove isn't as tight around her wrist area as she would like. I sort of wish I would have bought her a Tigress now, since they advertise that they have smaller wrist openings. I have suggested to her that she should wear her left hand batting glove under her glove at practice tonight to see if it alleviates some of the problem. Do ya'll have any other suggestions/products that aren't buying a different glove?

Nov 18, 2022
Not sure how it would work but you might try a terry cloth wrist band depending on how loose it is- the only downfall is it may get pretty stinky but is easily washed with the uniforms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 26, 2019
Not sure how it would work but you might try a terry cloth wrist band depending on how loose it is- the only downfall is it may get pretty stinky but is easily washed with the uniforms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bradley actually sells a Velcro one so you can take it in and off easily to wash without relaxing the glove.

Nov 18, 2015
This may seem like an obvious question - but is the wrist strap already laced on the smallest holes, or is it a velcro closure?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
The Velcro terrycloth wrist bands are a quick fix. Since she's in the outfield, the quickest fix is to have her start wearing her glove Two-in-the-pinky (TIP). The different angle of her hand entering the wrist opening fills it up more.

As an outfielder, the TIP finger shift is the only way I'd wear a glove out there! Stronger grip, larger pocket with the same glove, and index finger moved over one slot from the stinger zone!

Feb 14, 2023
This may seem like an obvious question - but is the wrist strap already laced on the smallest holes, or is it a velcro closure?
It is a Mizuno that has the two pull straps like most of the new rawling's fastpitch gloves have. I have pulled it as tight as possible. I'm going to look into the bradley wristband and try to convince her to try and move her fingers over when holding the glove, along with the batting glove idea.

Dec 2, 2019
It is a Mizuno that has the two pull straps like most of the new rawling's fastpitch gloves have. I have pulled it as tight as possible. I'm going to look into the bradley wristband and try to convince her to try and move her fingers over when holding the glove, along with the batting glove idea.
My daughter has baby hands and finally convincing her to do TIP made a huge difference in how her glove fit.

Feb 14, 2023
Bradley Gloves rave
Well,

Usually when something is being shipped to me, once it hits the Fort Worth distribution center it goes to my local post office and is delivered to me the next day. I ordered the bradley terry cloth wrist band and it went from Fort Worth to Georgia 3 days ago and has been "moving through network" ever since. I contacted Jeff at Bradley and he immediately, without question, said he would just send me another one. Sorry for the long rave, but I had to come on here and brag on their customer service a little bit.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Bradley Gloves rave
Well,

Usually when something is being shipped to me, once it hits the Fort Worth distribution center it goes to my local post office and is delivered to me the next day. I ordered the bradley terry cloth wrist band and it went from Fort Worth to Georgia 3 days ago and has been "moving through network" ever since. I contacted Jeff at Bradley and he immediately, without question, said he would just send me another one. Sorry for the long rave, but I had to come on here and brag on their customer service a little bit.
I've never dealt with Jeff, or Bradley gloves before, but I've heard multiple times what a great outfit they are to deal with!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom