Advice on pitching against a former team/teammates

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 27, 2020
12U DD has a tournament this week and we are scheduled to play her old team. This would be the first time she’s facing them and will probably pitch against them. Just wanted to see if anyone had and advice to share with her. Naturally she’s a little anxious and nervous about pitching to old teammates and friends and don’t want her to be any less aggressive against them. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
12U DD has a tournament this week and we are scheduled to play her old team. This would be the first time she’s facing them and will probably pitch against them. Just wanted to see if anyone had and advice to share with her. Naturally she’s a little anxious and nervous about pitching to old teammates and friends and don’t want her to be any less aggressive against them. Thanks

Unless she has specific knowledge of What Not to pitch to certain players and what locations would be better to throw,
treat it like any other game she gets in *the circle to win. Don't let needless thinking, friends or otherwise, get in the way of structured purpose!

Good learning experience to come.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Hit the first one in the ribs and stare her down so they know she's not playing around.

Just kidding. Don't overthink it, have her pitch her game. As RAD suggests if she knows batters weakness she might want to go over that with whomever is calling pitches and location.

Jul 27, 2020
Unless she has specific knowledge of What Not to pitch to certain players and what locations would be better to throw,
treat it like any other game she gets in my circle to win. Don't let needless thinking, friends or otherwise, get in the way of structured purpose!

Thank you. Sometimes she tends to overthink things but was really good this weekend and was a huge confidence builder for her and hope she builds on that.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
treat it like any other game she gets in my circle to win. Don't let needless thinking, friends or otherwise, get in the way of structured purpose!

Good learning experience to come.
Well said!

Jun 8, 2016
My DD has much the same re-action as Eric's
How do you know? My kid certainly wouldn’t volunteer that information to me and if I asked she would look at me like I had 2 heads and then tell me I was talking too much…😒

Sep 19, 2018
How do you know? My kid certainly wouldn’t volunteer that information to me and if I asked she would look at me like I had 2 heads and then tell me I was talking too much…😒
She asks for extra practice. beyond that, there is a change in demeanor if you are paying close attention.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee