Advice Needed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 19, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I agree with Coach JV above. My DD got stuck in the outfield on a 10U All-Star Team and never got the opportunity to catch (her position now). She loved being on the "A" team and wearing the jersey, but hated the fact that there was nothing going on out there and she basically stood around or sat the bench. Fast forward to second year of 12U; wow. Outfielders are invaluable. And a girl who could pitch and be an above average outfielder would be a big asset to a team.

I think you should try "talking up" outfield to your DD. Show her some awesome plays on Youtube. Get her excited. She may not wind up there permanently, but she'll be able to tell if you're miserable and it will show. You don't want coaches pegging her (or you) as having a bad attitude (I'm not saying you do, but perceptions mean a lot).

I agree with a couple of others who said that a non-confrontational, well-worded (have someone with no dog in the fight read over to make sure!) email has its place. I also agree that coaches (nobody, really) likes to be put on the spot by an emotional, angry parent.

Those are just a few thoughts. The game changes drastically at 12U in my opinion. I would encourage her to stick it out and use it as a learning experience.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28