Adventure Sports & Entertainment Complex NJ

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 24, 2022
Had our first experience playing at this complex this past weekend. It's far from complete (more on that), but it's pretty impressive. 8 new turf fields with 8 ft tall adjustable outfield fencing, a few batting cages, and room to warm up.

They are still waiting on their CO for their concession stand, so they had a food truck at the tournament. There is a WaWa, McD's and Burger King right across the street. They have a Popeye's and TacoBell under construction on site, plus looking to add a ton more food options. From what I hear there is at least 1 hotel, plus a domed facility coming next. My guess is that within a couple of years they will be pushing to host Nationals.

We'll be back in about a month for another tournament, looking forward to it.

Jul 14, 2018
USSSA NJ State championship is there this year, I believe. They’re also hosting the first PGF tournament in the area. It’s exciting to see a big investment in a softball facility.

With their proximity to Six Flags Great Adventure, they’re looking to host destination tournaments. Their biggest problem is that the area is a notorious traffic snarl and they haven’t made any investment in the roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Did they open the bathrooms yet? We were there in October, and it was all unpaved and just porta potties. We wouldn't go back until that part is completed. Otherwise,it looks like it will be a great facility right around the time my girls go away to college...

Feb 24, 2022
Did they open the bathrooms yet? We were there in October, and it was all unpaved and just porta potties. We wouldn't go back until that part is completed. Otherwise,it looks like it will be a great facility right around the time my girls go away to college...
Yes, bathrooms are open :)

Feb 24, 2022
USSSA NJ State championship is there this year, I believe. They’re also hosting the first PGF tournament in the area. It’s exciting to see a big investment in a softball facility.

With their proximity to Six Flags Great Adventure, they’re looking to host destination tournaments. Their biggest problem is that the area is a notorious traffic snarl and they haven’t made any investment in the roads.

Yeah, we'll be back for the USSSA state championship in June. Looking forward to it.

Agree - 195 is going to be tough on the weekends once the weather gets warmer. It will be one of those situations where you hope to get the 8am game where you have to get there at 7am so that you can beat the traffic. It also hurts not being able to make a left into the complex off of Monmouth Rd.

I have a few friends that will be there on Memorial Day weekend and they are very nervous about the traffic.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Also, until they open the hotels, it's tough to attract out of area teams. The closest hotels are 20-25 minutes away on rural back roads.

Oct 10, 2018
DD's team played a few fall ball showcases there last year - even under construction is was a nice facility.

Feb 24, 2022
Just saw the announcement that they are hosting USSSA Summer 2023 Nationals here in late June. Not sure if that is in addition to Salisbury or instead of. Should be interesting. I wonder if the on site hotel will be ready by then.

Jul 14, 2018
We played in the USSSA States and a Fourth of July tournament there this past summer. The fields and dugouts are mostly nice, but we had two big issues.

First was parking. They’ve got hundreds of acres there but two dirt patches to park on. I got blocked in and had to go off-roading to leave. Of course, there’s premium parking for $10.

Second, we were excited to see Crystal Bustos there. That is, until we tried to warm up in one of the empty batting cages before a game. “The cages are for Ruthless teams only,” she told us. Maybe they should be hosting Ruthless-only tournaments.

Just finished planning our fall schedule, we aren’t playing there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28