A Volunteer’s Guide to Scoring on GameChanger

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
As an instructor who is mostly teaching lessons while my students are out playing, one of the greatest innovations in softball in the last 10 years is GameChanger. (I say this despite the fact that I used to used iScore when I was coaching teams. Both are similar, but like VHS v Beta back in […]

More...

May 11, 2014
They need a speech to action button. Push a button and just describe the action and voila it appears on screen. Ex. "Batter hits line drive to left field, runner on first base goes to third Base, batter stops at first base", then push button to stop talking.

Edit- they may already have this feature as I haven't messed with it in quite awhile.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
As an instructor who is mostly teaching lessons while my students are out playing, one of the greatest innovations in softball in the last 10 years is GameChanger. (I say this despite the fact that I used to used iScore when I was coaching teams. Both are similar, but like VHS v Beta back in […]

More...
oh, I figured I might as well read your article.

I don't agree with you on the "if the ball is hit and the fielder touches it, 99 times out of 100 it is an error". Reasonable effort is very much graded by age too. Reasonable for an 18u girl is not the same as reasonable for 8u.

There are SOOO many variables that need to be taken into account with the speed of this game. The classic on is where the SS has to hustle on a chopper and play a terrible bounce that results in the ball coming out of the glove. If the SS sat back and played the easy bounce, it was going to be a cleanly fielded single. The SS, as they are instructed to do, plays the charging short hop field and throw on the run.. If it works its an out, if not, single.

I'm a huge fan of nuance in each play that needs to be considered.

Jul 14, 2018
Re: Pop vs Fly vs Line Drive.

I tend to mark the balls put into play by how hard they are hit, since GC keeps track of that. So, a soft liner to short would be scored a pop up, since calling it a line drive wouldn’t be accurate even if the balls trajectory was level.

Also, it would be nice if GC had an option for slapping, but they do not. I tend to call slaps ground balls, does anyone score them as bunts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Re: Pop vs Fly vs Line Drive.

I tend to mark the balls put into play by how hard they are hit, since GC keeps track of that. So, a soft liner to short would be scored a pop up, since calling it a line drive wouldn’t be accurate even if the balls trajectory was level.

Also, it would be nice if GC had an option for slapping, but they do not. I tend to call slaps ground balls, does anyone score them as bunts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slaps are ground balls, not bunts.

A soft liner to short would be what you call a humpback line drive. It's still a line drive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802