A little custom glove comparison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2016
Custom Rico Ultra series, "H Web"
U.S. premium steerhide
Opted for the extra steaming...Nooooooo!

I'd like to just stick to a couple of bullet points here but I can't. Have to be honest as I can but this was ridiculously bad glove.

Heavy glove. 732 grams / 1.614 pounds

Build quality: Not a usable glove out of the bag.
The steam process is an option I'll never pick agian. Period.
Only distilled water should be utilized for this process and by the smell of this glove that wasn't used IMO.

I have access to industrial conditioning chambers (3 each) all we use is distilled water and nothing else.

The glove shrunk like it was in the dryer for like 20 hous. A wrinkled mess. Laces feel like barbwire.
I now know what O.J. felt like after skipping his arthritis medication because my hand won't fit inside this glove.

The hand strap needs moved to the largest setting and I haven't had time to adjust yet but finger stalls collapsed so even if the stitching on the inside of the gloves wrist strap wasn't shaving my skin off it wouldn't be a viable glove for wearing. Thumb nail has some oversized lace pressing through the leather and its extremely uncomfortable feeling.

Communication: 0/5
Had to Email to see if my order was received.

Value: 0/5

$299

Find somewhere else or just don't opt for the steaming process. It ruined this custom glove.
The QC check must be a paperwork only operation as this was passed to a customer. Unacceptable.

What I did like:
Laces look like they could pull a car from a ditch.
Heavy duty for sure.
Embroidery was good but embarrassed I put my name on it.
Plan:
I'll probably Dotco and LineX over the embroidery area and donate this glove to DAV and take the 299.00 tax credit.
After I relace and adjust the wrist strap.
Sorry I put your ball in this glove Trevor.
dfbf1bb056cc1e5c54d22b2930ad6a2f.jpg
810bca3cea1bd38a1fdaf2ac37434165.jpg
40c14d1f1baba5bf02e88249d3b75369.jpg
3797298f417a2040cac57b96e09a2378.jpg
f319c71fdda4aac6eeb93cf3c2e74a41.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Apr 6, 2017
Do we get to vote? So far I’d say the Bradley has my vote. The Zett looks long or something (all most what I think a slow pitch glove should be). I guess it is a 12 3/4

Feb 3, 2016
Do we get to vote? So far I’d say the Bradley has my vote. The Zett looks long or something (all most what I think a slow pitch glove should be). I guess it is a 12 3/4
Vote away! :)
The Bradley is pretty nice piece. Almost to nice.

The Zett is a baseball glove 12 3/4. My DD grabbed it and will be using it to roam CF eventually.

Feb 3, 2016
They owe you money back on the RICO.
It's a trainwreck for sure. Since I did a review on it that's not favorable I doubt they would do anything now.

I doubt they are essential enough to be open.
I feel I'm stuck with it.

If I can keep one person from getting the steaming option at least they will have a glove that will allow a hand to go into a glove and not stink.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If I can keep one person from getting the steaming option at least they will have a glove that will allow a hand to go into a glove and not stink.
I promise I’m not trying to be an rear, if you would have searched here for just ~5 minutes you would have seen / read enough (just from me) to know not to ever steam a glove!

Glad to see it was a learning experience for you, how about maybe donating that glove to a kid / girl who you know could use it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28