A little custom glove comparison

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I've sent them some requests but no return on my inquiries.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If you don’t mind me asking........what exactly are you doing? Building a collection, buying gloves for a team, catch and release until you find the perfect “you” glove? You’re playing an expensive game.......don’t get me wrong, I love it, and I’ll definitely be along for the ride here! Keep on keeping on!

If you don’t mind me asking........what exactly are you doing? Building a collection, buying gloves for a team, catch and release until you find the perfect “you” glove? You’re playing an expensive game.......don’t get me wrong, I love it, and I’ll definitely be along for the ride here! Keep on keeping on!

I'm definitely along for the ride on this too. About time we had a good glove thread around here!

Dec 20, 2019
I think when I looked it up converting the currency it was around 600 plus shipping ETC.

Is yours ip select glove a retail version from Japan for hard ball? Or is it a customized one? What website did you order yours ip select glove from? Thx.

Feb 3, 2016
Great question. From all the years of being around the game (baseball or softball) I've only purchased gloves from a retailer for myself.

Mass production stuff that will get the job done but just isn't really something I wanted but needed.
I can appreciate your collection and your brand loyalty. You definitely know what you want and like. Not to many connoisseurs out there!

I've wanted to put together a little unbiased comparison between some of the custom gloves mentioned in this thread. Customer service, turn time, the amount of customization, cost and quality.

For a couple extra dollars you can get something that doesn't get lost in the sea of gloves at any ballpark.

Leather quality, workmanship and value are all important. A glove is only worth what someone will pay for it.

What kind of glove can you get in the 200, 300, 400 dollar range and so on.

Gloves can be art. I plan on pushing the limits of a worthy glove builder that has that ability collaborate enough to build a glove "a one off glove" I've been contemplating. This build will take several months and will probably be one of the most expensive gloves a craftsman will ever work on.

I have a list of some other fun gloves but weeding through to the top of the food chain builder's here to see what's possible.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Great question. From all the years of being around the game (baseball or softball) I've only purchased gloves from a retailer for myself.

Mass production stuff that will get the job done but just isn't really something I wanted but needed.
I can appreciate your collection and your brand loyalty. You definitely know what you want and like. Not to many connoisseurs out there!

I've wanted to put together a little unbiased comparison between some of the custom gloves mentioned in this thread. Customer service, turn time, the amount of customization, cost and quality.

For a couple extra dollars you can get something that doesn't get lost in the sea of gloves at any ballpark.

Leather quality, workmanship and value are all important. A glove is only worth what someone will pay for it.

What kind of glove can you get in the 200, 300, 400 dollar range and so on.

Gloves can be art. I plan on pushing the limits of a worthy glove builder that has that ability collaborate enough to build a glove "a one off glove" I've been contemplating. This build will take several months and will probably be one of the most expensive gloves a craftsman will ever work on.

I have a list of some other fun gloves but weeding through to the top of the food chain builder's here to see what's possible.

Very cool, can’t wait to see what you get in!

I want to reiterate the GW Pro One, it’s a Japanese Atoms glove, and it’s a very special glove if the pattern works for you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101