A Catchers Fun Story

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
All right I have to start with a disclaimer I am not a mom however have a fun story to share and it is about a catcher but maybe its kind of a brag I guess so I'm putting it here.🥎🏆

Catcher Natalya went off to college. Now a freshman.
While catching Bullpen for one of the college's pitchers the pitcher was having a wild day. The pitching coach put one of those plastic batter mannequins in the Box. The pitcher was proceeding to hit the mannequin and even throw behind the mannequin. Catcher Natalya was visually obstructed from seeing multiple pitches behind the fake batter and yet was maneuvering to the ball and Fielding pitches in the dirt that she could not see.
While fielding them cleanly, the pitching coach commented to her
"Well you don't see that everyday."

Great job to you Natalya! Your hard work has been acknowledged!!!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Definitely worthy of a brag!! I know my Catcher DD got very good at catching wild pitches while her twin sister was pitching. And we did all the crazy things with cones, ropes, and fake batter mannequins in the box which really at times made it pretty tough behind the dish. And it all made her better and she's carried that experience to all of her teams over the years including her college team. Feel bad for her at times getting a workout that she didn't need back there!

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Definitely worthy of a brag!! I know my Catcher DD got very good at catching wild pitches while her twin sister was pitching. And we did all the crazy things with cones, ropes, and fake batter mannequins in the box which really at times made it pretty tough behind the dish. And it all made her better and she's carried that experience to all of her teams over the years including her college team. Feel bad for her at times getting a workout that she didn't need back there!
Did they happen to go to same college?
Wonder how many sibling pitcher & catcher combos there are?

Certainly have met many!

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Did they happen to go to same college?
Wonder how many sibling pitcher & catcher combos there are?

Certainly have met many!
Yes they did, wasn't really expecting that but Coach wanted them both. Trusting them together running the battery and how well they know and support each other is something to watch. When not in the circle pitching DD is an outstanding CF who still has that connection with her sister at home! This is the parent brag section right? They freaking ROCK!! ;-)

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Yes they did, wasn't really expecting that but Coach wanted them both. Trusting them together running the battery and how well they know and support each other is something to watch. When not in the circle pitching DD is an outstanding CF who still has that connection with her sister at home! This is the parent brag section right? They freaking ROCK!! ;-)
That is super neat and really special!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478