6u AC week 3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Very rough week...I try to make these posts funny, but I didn't see much humor....just a couple of coaches beyond stupid.

The rules are 5 runs or 3 outs per inning, whichever comes first. No more than a double. Coach pitch/batting tee Simple, right?

What did I see:

1. A coach who never moved his players
2. A REAL argument over a force out at home.
3. A coach arguing that players should get more than two bases.
4. There was an argument over some silly rule every inning.

On top of that, I saw a coach making the team run for punishment.

WTF? Are these people insane?

The only way for a kid to become "good" at softball is if she really loves the game. You teach love for the game at the younger ages by making it fun.

If a coach has fun herself/himself you can pass that joy to the kids. It is infectious.

At the younger ages, if you aren't laughing and having a good time with the kids, don't coach.

Feb 25, 2020
My son's 6u coach hit them fly balls...none of them could catch.

Hope everyone there smartens up a little bit.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Very rough week...I try to make these posts funny, but I didn't see much humor....just a couple of coaches beyond stupid.

The rules are 5 runs or 3 outs per inning, whichever comes first. No more than a double. Coach pitch/batting tee Simple, right?

What did I see:

The only way for a kid to become "good" at softball is if she really loves the game. You teach love for the game at the younger ages by making it fun.

If a coach has fun herself/himself you can pass that joy to the kids. It is infectious.

At the younger ages, if you aren't laughing and having a good time with the kids, don't coach.
Geeez grown ups teaching kids how to argue and be discontented.
Blech

Screenshot_20220917-184741_Chrome.jpg

Jun 22, 2019
We played a team in 8U and their coach would argue a call every inning. It was coach pitch and he would scream so loud, my girls didn’t want to take the field with him out there.

I pulled him to the side and asked very politely if he could tone it down because my girls were scared of him. His response was, “this is ball, they’re going to have to get tough”. I just replied, please try to not scare the little girls…this is supposed to be fun.

Our team beat his by a bunch and I remember our short stop came up to me and said, “did we win”? I told her we did and she went back and told all of our girls and they all cheered. The point is, the kids didn’t even know the score or if they won or lost, but this guy was acting like he was playing in the World Series.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I remember those days. Our team was Ok. We lost by about 20 runs if that is possible. Player asked me if we won, I told her we lost by a little bit but it was close.

Oct 9, 2018
Texas

What did I see:

I have an honest question I do not think there is a real solution but maybe there is a baby step.

Are there any changes that could be made to help?

Maybe the Norway model? https://www.childrensdayton.org/the-hub/norway-model-youth-sports

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Perhaps it is part of a defense mechanism for parents to want to defend their children 🤷‍♀️
It does seem at younger ages they are more apt to do so.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478