6th grader throws no-hitter vs. 8th graders...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
My 6th grader...Mighty-mite aka DD2 tossed her 2nd career no hitter (almost perfect - 1 hit batter) shut out (11k's) vs an 8th grade grammar school team in a mercy rule win today against a previously undefeated team...

She added a shot to right center for her first HR of the year too!

Good stuff!

So good DW, didn't make her sleep in the garage in spite of walking in the house with her filthy cleats on!

CP

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Congrats. She is a good example of a pitcher verses a "chucker." I run into parents all the time, that seem to want a "chucker." I teach hitting spots, the CU, the drop, the screw and they want speed and down the middle of the plate. Then, they get beat by a pitcher and complain that she threw too many CUs. I try to get their DD to throw a CU, to each batter. When I see her again, she happily reports that she threw 2 CUs. I smile and nod.

Have fun. It should be a nice ride.

Jan 7, 2014
Western New York
Congrats. She is a good example of a pitcher verses a "chucker." I run into parents all the time, that seem to want a "chucker." I teach hitting spots, the CU, the drop, the screw and they want speed and down the middle of the plate. Then, they get beat by a pitcher and complain that she threw too many CUs. I try to get their DD to throw a CU, to each batter. When I see her again, she happily reports that she threw 2 CUs. I smile and nod.

Have fun. It should be a nice ride.

Last Monday, she shook me off to throw a CU on a 2-2 count to whiff an 8th grade TB player...she throws mid-40's with good control (71% strikes this game) and good spin...

I wish someone would have taught me the value of pitching vs chucking at her age...my arm would be far better off now for sure...CP

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariafermin279