3-Wheel Pitching Machines

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 24, 2014
Hack Attack shipped on a pallet to a freight dock when I bought one direct from company. They slid it into my pickup truck with a fork lift. For me it was pretty easy, but I know not everyone has a truck.

Might be a dealer in your area though.
I contacted the manufacturer and all they said was they ship it and its up to me for coordinate with delivery. Problem is I don't have access to a truck and it will be delivered to my house. I live in a development and no way to get a big truck on my street.

I'll contact them again to get more specifics thanks.

Jan 8, 2019
I've seen many people, esp college coaches referencing having the HAs (Tim Walton mentioned he has six of them in their cages at Florida).

Anyone hear reviews on the others?

Mar 24, 2014
I've seen many people, esp college coaches referencing having the HAs (Tim Walton mentioned he has six of them in their cages at Florida).

Anyone hear reviews on the others?
I know of a couple people who have used the Atec Junior pitching machines and they thought it was good for both hitting and fielding, but I've never personally used one. They are about $1k cheaper than the HA.

Mar 24, 2014
I was looking at the following pitching machine balls. Any recommendations, good or bad? Looking for balls that are durable, minimize damage to bats and are consistent. Thanks.

Jugs Sting Free Pitching Machine Balls
Baden Leather Pitching Machine Balls
Baden Dimpled Pitching Machine Balls

Jan 8, 2019
I was looking at the following pitching machine balls. Any recommendations, good or bad? Looking for balls that are durable, minimize damage to bats and are consistent. Thanks.

Jugs Sting Free Pitching Machine Balls
Baden Leather Pitching Machine Balls
Baden Dimpled Pitching Machine Balls
Anyone have feedback on the Baden Leather vs Baden Dimples?
Durability of the leather in a Hack Attack?
Do the dimpled balls move like they are supposed to without having real seams? (It seems like a 3-wheeled machine would be most realistic with seamed leather balls.)

Baden Leather vs Pronine LPM12?

Sep 21, 2017
PA
@Lemond

I run the dimples out of my HA jr. They fly pretty true and move like they're supposed to depending on how you set up the machine. I've tried a few different leather balls, but with any seam at all, it's tough to get any consistency with the ball flight.

Mar 24, 2014
Anyone have feedback on the Baden Leather vs Baden Dimples?
Durability of the leather in a Hack Attack?
Do the dimpled balls move like they are supposed to without having real seams? (It seems like a 3-wheeled machine would be most realistic with seamed leather balls.)

Baden Leather vs Pronine LPM12?
From what I've read, if you use a cheap leather ball, the leather cover will have a tendency to tear open. Also any seams will vary the trajectory of the ball. Our facility has been using the Baden dimple balls and so far no issues.

Dec 11, 2010
I have 3 dozen of the Pro nines. Those mothers are hard.

I like the Baden dimples. Org dd played for used a Hack with good leather balls and it seemed to break more bats than we ever have with the good dimples. I think it might have had something to do with setup of the machine, players were making poor contact. They do move more.

I think Baden makes a pretty nice leather ball.

Don't think you can go completely wrong with either.

Jan 8, 2019
FWIW - Baden says the ballistic leather balls are 44/375.

Also, I’m leaning toward picking up a couple dozen of the dimples, but having trouble finding the dimple balls anywhere. They are not on Baden’s website, but they (Baden) think that was a marketing snafu and will fix in the next day or so. Direct Sports looks like they have them at about $53 / dz. Anyone seen them cheaper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802