3 Ladder Drills for Infielders: Balance, Control & Speed

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LexiSlater

IX Training with Lexi Slater
Mar 4, 2021
San Diego, CA
These 3 ladder drills challenge infielders to move correctly and can be done individually or as a team. I have seen major improvements in all of my players just after doing these a handful of times. These drills are so beneficial for infielders as they focus on balance, control, and speed within your footwork!

LexiSlater

IX Training with Lexi Slater
Mar 4, 2021
San Diego, CA
I would disagree with the third drill with the placement of her throwing hand.
Thank you for your feedback! This drill is completely focused on the footwork portion with emphasis on balance, control, and speed. Totally agree with the basic fielding criteria that the throwing hand needs to work with the glove hand.
Thank you!

Mar 22, 2019
Thank you for your feedback! This drill is completely focused on the footwork portion with emphasis on balance, control, and speed. Totally agree with the basic fielding criteria that the throwing hand needs to work with the glove hand.
Thank you!
What ladder of Amazon do you have?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I liked the drills and had a ladder on my shopping list at Amazon. I went ahead and bought it. The one I bought came with cones 10 for the same price of the above link to a ladder.

SB45

Dad, Coach, Chauffeur
Sep 2, 2016
Western NY
Thanks for posting these, really good.

One minor feedback thought...I try to say throwing side/glove side foot rather than right/left.

Question for you...notice on the backhand you are stepping glove side then throwing side (left then right)...do you teach backhand footwork that way, does it depend on where the ball is fielded? No disagreement, just curious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802