2023 Power Carbons are in!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 28, 2017
She swung the PC for the first time and likes it. She went from a 32 to a 33 and finding the barrel took a minute. Was on the handle a little to begin with. One thing she said, the way the end cap fits, the PC is dead at the end cap if you miss hit the ball, so it swings more like a Ghost 32. Her hitting coach picked it up and swung once and hit it off the end and said you can't hit it on the end. He wasn't familiar with the PC at all and made that observation without talking with my DD. Interesting. I assume he noticed pitching to her. She hit a couple of missiles so guessing but exit speed looked the same or better on well hit balls.

Dec 18, 2016
My DD has loves her PC. She switched over from the apparition a few years ago. The only issue I have had with the PC was it failing compression testing at PGF Nationals Last year. She also just got her replacement 23 version and it is nice looking. It took her telling me that it changed colors before I saw it. She hasn't swung it yet so I'm excited to see how it swings compared to her old PC.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Nobody should expect well hit balls on mishits.
When you dont hit the barrel, no bat should ever be expected to do anything.

The hitting coach isnt a scientist. Inner tech bats, the best balls are within the chamber, discs, barrels.
Anywhere outside of that, wont do well. Same as if you hit the bat down by the connection. Will be dead.
Hitting rules still apply, you have to barrel the ball up.

Jan 28, 2017
When you dont hit the barrel, no bat should ever be expected to do anything.

The hitting coach isnt a scientist. Inner tech bats, the best balls are within the chamber, discs, barrels.
Anywhere outside of that, wont do well. Same as if you hit the bat down by the connection. Will be dead.
Hitting rules still apply, you have to barrel the ball up.
I understand that but the end cap is different than the Ghost. Not an issue to me but the ball doesn't come off the end as good as the Ghost. If you barrel it up, I think the PC is as good or better. By the way I have a Biology degree and I would never get in a scientific argument with the hitting coach since he was talking about the testosterone levels of cavemen all the way up to his age and explaining bone density, energy levels, diet, and so on at our last lesson. :ROFLMAO: When I asked him if he had a preference on what bat or length she should swing- buy her a sledge hammer, she can handle it and that needs to be her mentality.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Oh, my statement wasnt really geared towards you Tango...it was just like an overall thought. Just because
I get so many questions or comments with bats when people say...when they hit off the endcap, it doesnt do anything or, when she hits off the handle, it doesnt go anywhere.
It always pains me to have to be upfront with people, so I try to candy coat it somehow...
I try to get into the "well, there is chamber or discs inside and thats the hitting area"...blah blah...but
plain and simple, if you dont barrel up, you arent going to hit well :D

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
By the way I have a Biology degree and I would never get in a scientific argument with the hitting coach since he was talking about the testosterone levels of cavemen all the way up to his age and explaining bone density, energy levels, diet, and so on at our last lesson
I would like to hear that argument though...prob would be very entertaining :)

Jan 28, 2017
I would like to hear that argument though...prob would be very entertaining :)
He does hitting lessons with college baseball kids and minor league guys mostly, a few guys in the majors off and on. Has several guys that have worked at his facility that are now coaching in MLB organization. To me he is by far the best but does mostly physical training instead of hitting. Had three draft picks in last week. He goes on tangents about sword fighters and so on. Extremely intelligent and different. My kids love him.

He was saying that most of the colleges that he works with are using only 4 or 5 bats in the fall to get 1,000 swings on them for the spring (baseball). Also talked about rolling and so on.

Tonight talking about if you use devices within two hours of going to sleep it causes your serotonin rhythm to change and messes up your depth perception.

I will not bore anyone else.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RunnerOn2