2023 Mantra vs Ghost Unlimited

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Sell me on either of em then.
Unlimited is 1 piece, I tell everybody they should really try one before buying to make sure
their dd likes a 1 piece. The feel of a one piece is completely different. It performs well, but
you will feel feedback more on non-barrel contact and the bat obviously will have less flex.

There are (2) 2023 Mantras...the 2.0 and the Plus. Both have the availability to have the sensor
in the handle knob. I almost consider this the same as Easton has the Ghost and ADV. Rawlings
has the Mantra 2.0 and Plus. The Plus is fairly knew...been trying to get more feedback myself.

I can provide some feedback for what it's worth. I took my daughter last week to a local spot to swing some of these bats we all see and talk about. She's second year 12u so certainly not a seasoned critic of softball gear. I think I geek out over the bats and reading up on them more than she even cares about them but she was excited to give it a go. She had a good time. I said to her, try everything you don't usually get the opportunity to have most of them all in one spot. For comparison, her bat that she had been using this past fall season is a 2019 Xeno.(31/21). Weighs in at 22.5 oz believe it or not. We stuck to 31/21 and 32/22 for some bats if I couldn't find the 31 inch. She hit off the tee, a few sets with each of the bats, and gave ones she liked or thought she liked a second and third go round. She swung the 2022 LXT (31/21) the 2022 Xeno (31/21), 2022 ghost advanced (31/21 & 32/22), 2023 ghost unlimited 31/21 & 32/22) , 2023 Mantra Plus (31/21), 2023 Demarini whisper (31/21), 2023 mizuno power carbon (32/22) and Mizuno crbn 1 (32/22) (I think that was its name, the one piece bat). Her friend has an LXT so she was familiar with it but both Louisville's she didn't care for. Very dull feeling when she hit them. The Xeno, I think was the first one she handed back, said it felt awful. Completely different from her bat. I was under the impression that bat hasn't changed much but something was different for her. Believe it or not, she kept going back to the ghost unlimited and the Mantra plus. As Core said, two completely different bats but that was what she was gravitating to. Both those Mizuno bats look sweet. Really a nice looking at pair of bats. She seemed to hit them well. The Mantra plus looks real nice in white as well. She did say the Mantra felt heavy at the barrel end, a different swinging bat for her but she felt it had nice pop and she really liked the sound. It has a nice sound, I will agree, close to that ghost sound if that's what the kids like. What got her though, she felt the hand sting was much more noticeable on the Mantra compared to the Ghost unlimited, or even the other bats for that matter which surprised me considering the ghost was the one piece. I asked if she was referring to a really bad mishit ball and she said no, because she didn't notice it the same way with the other bats. It was enough for her to second guess it. She did like the bat though. She also preferred the Mizuno 1 piece to the pwr carbon, which was another surprise for me. All in all, it was a good opportunity for her to try some one piece bats and compare others we may never get the chance to swing since they may not be too common.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Even though your dd is young and not a bat person yet, very fun post Samrai309!!! You may have found a one piece fan.

To add one thing, if she thought the Mantra Plus was really heavy on the end, thats prob why she felt more hand sting from it.
The Mantra Plus is very overweight. Btw, Xenos were known to be way overweight, so not a surprise your Xeno was 1.5 over.

It shows you how every kid can feel something very different for each bat. Thats why I always say its best to try the bat if
you can...not read reviews and buy off reviews because they all can be different.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2021
Anyone have any more info to share on this topic? Looking at getting DD a new bat and looking for feedback on the Mantra plus specifically

May 20, 2015
DD2 loves the Mantra+

she made the jump from a 32/22 GA to a 33/23 Mantra+ that is coming in well over an ounce heavy on the average, and is swinging it well.....it is heavy, but she says feels very balanced

not a ton of mishits, sweet spot seems forgiving......ball jumps good when she squares it up, she loves everything about it......got to use it indoors over the winter, and she posted her highest exits velos ever......then again, she went up an inch and over an ounce, so that tracks

only issue i have is the damned plug for the sensor keeps popping out.....may have lost it at this point

Oct 4, 2018
Even though your dd is young and not a bat person yet, very fun post Samrai309!!! You may have found a one piece fan.

To add one thing, if she thought the Mantra Plus was really heavy on the end, thats prob why she felt more hand sting from it.
The Mantra Plus is very overweight. Btw, Xenos were known to be way overweight, so not a surprise your Xeno was 1.5 over.

It shows you how every kid can feel something very different for each bat. Thats why I always say its best to try the bat if
you can...not read reviews and buy off reviews because they all can be different.

Yes, we all should buy every single bat there is and have our DDs try them all. You really can't know you have the best bat for her without trying every single one.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yes, we all should buy every single bat there is and have our DDs try them all. You really can't know you have the best bat for her without trying every single one.
Didnt say "buy" them all...trying them if you can. Between teammates, cages and places that have them to try.
Reviews are exactly what they are...reviews by one person and how they feel. Problem is, most people feel
different things when they hit or what they like when they hit. Like in the Suncoast thred...guy said his daughter
cant feel any mishits...meanwhile others have told me they feel way more.
Some will say a bat is balanced while another says heavy, stiff while another says it flexes...hahaha.
To really know, you have to try it if you can.

But I wouldnt buy a bat based on a review because you have no idea if your dd is going to feel the same thing.
And with reviews, you have no idea who is reviewing the bat as well.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478